PDA

View Full Version : 3rd colonoscopy!

worrywort
07-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Hi all! I have been suffering with ibs for many years and I have had 2 colonoscopy's now gonna have my 3rd!!!! I am only 33! now I have more pain predominate ibs when before it was ibs-d and occasionally c. So frustrated! Thinking I might be gluten intolerant! having issues with Anemia! My question is, what is the best fiber to start with? My test is about 3 weeks out so I want to do something in the mean time to help! thanks!!!

melgag21
07-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Hi! I have no fiber advice- I take gummy ones and they're not bad. I just wanted to comment how similar we are! I am 34, going in 2 weeks for my 3rd EGD (2 of them I had a colonoscopy at same time). Severe iron deficiency anemia. They were convinced it was Celaic/gluten problem for a long time but my bloodwork for it is negative. And I had 2 c-sections, in 07 and 10! I am mostly IBS-D, definately pain too. Anyways, you're not alone!

Artist16
07-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Hi,
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I just had my first colonoscopy early this week, and I know now how they aren't fun. I have had problems with constipation, so I have had different types of fiber for awhile now. My GI recently told me to take metamucil, and work up to the highest dosage after a little while. It's supposed to be like a completely natural laxative because it's pure psyllium. This might work for you :) I'm only 19, and it was pretty gentle on my system. I bought the flavorless brand instead of the orange flavor so I can mix it with anything.
Good luck with your scope and hope you find a good fiber supplement to use in the mean time.