PDA

View Full Version : IBS sufferer for 11 years

Chrissy26
07-31-2012, 08:44 AM
But I have a question..does anyone know of any pills or something like a probiotic that will help me with the gas? It's not as bad as it used to be but it still interferes with my life. I used to take Librax for gas but it made me feel horrible. If anyone can help and has some suggestions, I don't mind you throwing them at me :) thanks.

SickinNJ
07-31-2012, 01:22 PM
When do you get your gas pains? I get mine after a large movement and what helps me is Beano....I know go figure. I take it when i first get up and it seems to do the trick.

ladybud
07-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Many IBS sufferers actually have food intolerances like milk, eggs, gluten. If you have not been tested for those, I would highly recommend it. Sometimes the best test is elimination of them for a month, then reintroduction of one at a time, as there are many false negative tests. Food intolerances cause severe gas, bloating, cramps and diarrhea/constipation, and many people are misdiagnossed with IBS.

Chrissy26
07-31-2012, 03:10 PM
When do you get your gas pains? I get mine after a large movement and what helps me is Beano....I know go figure. I take it when i first get up and it seems to do the trick.

I get them randomly throughout the day. Usually in the morning and at night though. It seems as though it's more frequent when I'm really relaxed which of course stops me from being so relaxed lol. Beano actually makes it worse for me. See, I don't get trapped gas. I can pass it but I really don't want to have so much gas to have to pass. That's the problem. Beano makes it worse and anything with simithicone makes it worse.

Chrissy26
07-31-2012, 03:11 PM
Many IBS sufferers actually have food intolerances like milk, eggs, gluten. If you have not been tested for those, I would highly recommend it. Sometimes the best test is elimination of them for a month, then reintroduction of one at a time, as there are many false negative tests. Food intolerances cause severe gas, bloating, cramps and diarrhea/constipation, and many people are misdiagnossed with IBS.

Thanks for the info. I will see if I can get tested. I notice it happens no matter what I eat though. :(