PDA

View Full Version : What would cause heart palpitations all day?

Lollipop24
08-17-2012, 09:25 AM
A few days ago my heart started fluttering throughout the day non-stop. This has never happen to me before I've experience palpitations before but not the 20 plus that I did that day and now I'm still getting heart palpitations off and on . I do drink soda but only a can or two a day and I was not nervous or anything when It happen. Anyone have any idea what would bring on so many heart palpitations?

cw39
08-17-2012, 09:37 AM
Vitamin B usually stops mine.

tinkabell82
08-21-2012, 11:42 PM
Hey there..I had similar problem 2 years ago. I went to the dr and requested an EKG, bloodwork..etc etc. My dr didnt think it was necessary, and told me I was having anxiety, but I insisted. Anyway, EKG came back normal. Only problem I had was I was very anemic. My level was at 8, should be at 12. He put me on iron..that helped.. He also prescribed anxiety meds, which I never took. Palpitation/fluttering went away. I think it was due to my anemia, and also stress from school. I've also heard Vitamin B (Complex) helps..Have you gotten checked? Hope you feel better:)

ladybud
08-22-2012, 02:02 AM
Excess caffeine can certainly cause palpitations, as well as an overactive thyroid. A 24 hr Holter monitor EKG recording could identify what is happening if it isn't seen on a regular EKG. A low potassium can cause palitations too. If you eliminate caffeine and they are still occuring, I would see Dr and ask to have those things checked, plus a check for anemia, like the previous poster had.

Titchou
08-22-2012, 03:35 AM
Age also in women as many women going thru peri or menopause experience palpitations.

Lollipop24
08-22-2012, 05:57 AM
Thanks, for all the helpful advice. Ill try taking vitamin B and see if that helps and cut out all caffeine for now...

rudiraven
08-22-2012, 02:30 PM
Caffeine did it to me. I was drinking cola and maybe a couple cups of coffee and having heart palps. Stopped the caffeine and they stopped. Don't forget chocolate has caffeine too :)