PDA

View Full Version : Describe your IBS symptoms

Dulcea35
08-24-2012, 09:55 AM
I've been trying to determine if my occasional pain is IBS related. The medical websites such as ***** or medicinenet just list symptoms. I find it more useful to hear from REAL people who have REAL symptoms. What does "abdominal pain" really mean? Low, high, intermittent, stabbing, crampy, etc. I'm sure you get the idea. I think it will help other who are trying to determine their diagnosis as well.

At what age did yours start?
how often do you get pain?
where is the pain?
what does the pain feel like? scale of 1 to 10?
how does it change your bowel habits?
are you nauseas as well?
do you have gas and lots of flatulence?
do you have other medical issues?
what foods set it off?
does anxiety set it off?
do you have significant belly rumbling?
how long does it last?
cold sweat? shakes? dizzyness?
bloating?
diarrha? constipation?
is there cramping?
please add anything you think is relevant.

And thanks for sharing your story and symptoms.

flipfleury
08-24-2012, 09:53 PM
I've been trying to determine if my occasional pain is IBS related. The medical websites such as ***** or medicinenet just list symptoms. I find it more useful to hear from REAL people who have REAL symptoms. What does "abdominal pain" really mean? Low, high, intermittent, stabbing, crampy, etc. I'm sure you get the idea. I think it will help other who are trying to determine their diagnosis as well.

At what age did yours start?
how often do you get pain?
where is the pain?
what does the pain feel like? scale of 1 to 10?
how does it change your bowel habits?
are you nauseas as well?
do you have gas and lots of flatulence?
do you have other medical issues?
what foods set it off?
does anxiety set it off?
do you have significant belly rumbling?
how long does it last?
cold sweat? shakes? dizzyness?
bloating?
diarrha? constipation?
is there cramping?
please add anything you think is relevant.

And thanks for sharing your story and symptoms.

I was diagnosed with IBS in June of 1996. Before that I always had problems with being constipated all the time since I was a little kid. My IBS symptoms are severe abdominal cramps followed by explosive diarrhea for anywhere from an hour to 3 hours,excessive gassing of gas,frequency and urgency and feeling like I have to go more even though there is nothing left in me to go then I can't go for 3-4 days in a row. I would say most it is caused by the food I eat and if I get really stressed out and anxiety. If I eat spicy,acidic,gassy, and high in fat content that seems to be the trigger foods for setting off the explosive diarrhea,severe abdominal cramps. Bananas,chocolate,advil every 4-6 hours for menstrual cramps,not drinking enough water and eating enough fiber add to my constipation problems.
I have found making time to sit on the toilet everyday to move my bowels helps prevent the constipation and most of all my other IBS symptoms. Stress,anxiety,and depression make IBS symptoms worse and flare up more often. I have found that slow deep breathing helps relax me and reduces my frequency of explosive diarrhea and the cramping. I hope this helps you in some way.