PDA

View Full Version : Heat Stroke/Exhaustion?

CPC4
09-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Just going into the forums...and recently had an episode I've never felt before..looking for suggestions, help or people who have experienced.:) Thanks.

End of July I was working at my job. The temperature outside was hot so inside is hot, humid, poor ventilation and only hot fans blowing to cool anyone down. I worked Wed, Thur only ate once (bad decision!) and really didn't drink any water when I got home.(another bad decision). That Fri I decided I was going to eat lunch and when I got back to work coming from in and out,, office/ hot work area/office. I began to feel lightheaded and felt like I was going to pass out..went to the ER...now on to the time line

1) Was checked with CT Scan on brain (normal) Aug 30 . Drank fluids...

2) Following Monday went to work walked out on the hot environment inside..felt light headed, went to ER..said I was low on Magnesium..(but found out not that much that would affect me)

3) For two weeks was on heat restriction became sensitive to the heat..couple of times cooled off at home underneath fan..once had to put myself in a cold bathtub..(humidity outside made my body overheat quick)
I'm not a person who sweats a lot before so..after this I didn't sweat at all.:(
Though I was hydrated, urine clear or light color..

4) Thyroid was checked Aug 24...results were
T3, Total 86 ng/dL 76-181 ng/dL
T4 Free 1.3 0.8-1.8ng/dL
TSH 1.55 0.40-4.50 mlU/L

5) Finally thought I was getting better coincidentally ..started sweating for about 2 weeks in the same work environment...!:)) starting Aug 27-Sept 6

6) Recently weather changed Sept 7..getting colder, now I'm having the same sensitivity to heat I had earlier? or just my body warms itself naturally, but doesn't stop or something so..I have to gradually increase the outside temperature to tell my body to cool back down???...this is even more up and down then before when it was hot outside consistently.

Example: Hard to sleep on my back with a sheet on even though air conditioner is on 73 (though I could sleep like this when it was hot outside)..have to gradually increase air conditioner to about 75..then my body is not trying to compensate for the cold air...eventually get to sleep..been like this since the temperature outside as cooled down..

7) Checked for metabolic rate on Sept 12
Glucose 79 65 - 99 mg/dL
Fasting reference interval
BUN 12 7 - 25 mg/dL
Creatinine 1.17 0.60 - 1.35 mg/dL
EGFR 81 > OR = 60 mL/min/1.73m2
EGFRAF 94 > OR = 60 mL/min/1.73m2
BUN/Creatinine Ratio NOT APPLICABLE 6 - 22 (calc)
Sodium 138 135 - 146 mmol/L
Potassium 4.6 3.5 - 5.3 mmol/L
Chloride 100 98 - 110 mmol/L
CO2 26 21 - 33 mmol/L
Calcium 9.6 8.6 - 10.3 mg/dL

8) Was supposed to have endocrinologist appointment set up the week before I started sweating...found out now it's going through so..have to wait to meet with the endocrinologist.

Doctor's don't know so far...they ruled out any diabetes, MS, Sickle Cell saying that I don't look like a person or would have been caught earlier in my life. I've been in the military, been in NC since 1999 and this is the first time this has happened to me...

Any input/help would be great...wanted to have MRI done on organs, brain, but finding out everything is a referral and even then would have to be an emergency or something...