PDA

View Full Version : Rapid Aging at 16

albinosides
09-21-2012, 12:46 AM
I had gotten a sever facial sunburn about a year and two months ago, which took about a month to fully heal and go away. Ever since, however, I have had rougher, pruned skin in the areas I had the sunburn as well as larger bags, wrinkles etc. At first it didn't bother me, but it started to rapidly worsen soon after. I really look like i am in my late 20s now when I am really 16 and it depresses me significantly. I want to get a chemical peel but I don't really know if i should bring it up with my parents. What should I do?

10-01-2012, 08:29 AM
Bringing it up with your parents is a great idea.

albinosides
10-02-2012, 11:17 PM
thanks, i'll do this then. I dont think they would let me get a chemical peel even if peels weren't expensive, but im sure it's best to ask them even if they will think i'm crazy.

ladybud
06-16-2013, 07:04 AM
I would see a dermatologist. It is possible a prescription cream like Retin A may help. There are also exfoliation creams that slough off the rough outer layer of skin, exposing the smoother underlying skin. That was a severe burn, so please protect your skin diligently with sunscreen and visors, etc. It puts you at risk for skin cancers on the face later on. The more burns, the higher the risk.