PDA

View Full Version : Ear cartilage pain

Felix66
12-05-2012, 04:21 AM
I'm new to this forum and hope I can get some answers. I suffer several times a week from ear cartilage pain. I don't have an infection of any sort, it's always my right ear, it happens at any time of the day or night no matter what i am doing, in hot or cold weather and the only way I can relieve it is to use a heat pack on it. Pain killers don't work either. It gets so painful that I can't think straight and all I can do is get to some sort of heat source for relief. It's almost like a nerve pain and it effects the entire outside of my ear, and when it is really bad I can't even touch it. I came across a site somehow where there was a condition that effects the cartilage in the body like the ear, nose, ankles and somewhere else in the body where there is cartilage. I saw a picture of the ear and it was deformed and that was a result of this particular disease or illness. My ear isn't deformed, but I am wondering if that is to come :(. I do have trouble with my ankles also, where they get a sudden pain as if I'm about to go over on them like they are about to break. But this pain doesn't linger on like with the ear, that can last for hours if it is moderate pain, where I grin and bare it and go without heat until it gets to a point where I can't stand it anymore and have to get a heat pack. If anyone has had this and knows what it is and what needs to be done to treat it, I would be very grateful..and if anyone knows of the condition I mentioned earlier, I would like to know what it is called, as I have not been able to find it again...Cheers and thanks