PDA

View Full Version : Just a virus?

Evannah
01-24-2013, 03:38 PM
I always get a bit sickly at this time of year. Well, most of the time I get a full-blown cold that lasts for months (usually December to April). This year though, I haven't really had anything drastic, but my left gland in my neck has been up on and off for about a month now (whenever I have a virus it's always my left gland that swells, it's usally never my right) as if I'm fighting something, but I don't feel ill. I haven't got a fever or a sore throat or anything. But the pain in my neck really gets me down.

It feels like my left gland is swollen and I get the general pain from that, but sometimes it feels like I'm being stabbed in the neck. Every second or so, I'll get a stab - stab - stab sensation, just like that. Not only that, but the pain will snake through me, like electricity. It travels up my neck, to my cheek and into my gum, and down into my shoulder. With this pain it also feels like I'm being electricuted. I can literally feel the muscles in my neck and shoulder twitching and pulsing as if there's an electrical current going through it.

Sometimes my gland will swell up that much I can actually feel a massive bulge in my neck. This is all intermittent, it doesn't happen all the time. But it does happen every day, usually when I'm at work.

I'm a 27-year-old-woman. I've been diagnosed with autism and degenerative disc disease. I'm a cashier and I wouldn't describe my work as strenuous.