PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone take Linzess?

Alberta1967
02-19-2013, 04:24 PM
And does it help? I really really need some help. Please if you can, give me some feed back on this. Alberta

bluffie
04-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Sorry no one has replied, but maybe I can help. I have IBS-C and have never found any medication that has helped me until my doctor gave me some Linzess samples a few weeks ago. It took two weeks for this to start working, and I almost gave up hope. It's been about two weeks now that I began to have normal bowel movements, and my cramps have gone away. Keeping my fingers crossed that this new medicine will continue working. The only downside is the price. As yet there is no generic, and even with my insurance card, I still have to pay $50/month. Without the card, I don't know what the price would be. You might consult with your doctor and see if you can get some samples to try.

j-gal
06-12-2013, 08:12 AM
Yes, I began taking it just over a week ago and had results within a few days. My first few bowel movements were still hard and I had a lot of strain, but since then they have improved. I am having almost "normal" bowel movements everyday-ish now! Which is a huge improvement from having no bowel movement for up to 10-11 days. My cramps and abdominal pain (I was also diagnosed with visceral hypersensitivity) have improved as well. It is pretty expensive (I pay $80/mo. with BCBS). But, after no luck with any OTC meds or diet changes, it is worth it to me to not be miserable and have some normalcy back!