PDA

View Full Version : Rectum not opening...

Alberta1967
02-22-2013, 09:38 AM
I know this sounds crazy but I think my rectum will not open to allow
anything to come out. Has anyone ever heard of this? I had a colonoscopy 2 weeks ago. I eat fiber all time, drink alot of water, also drink the meds the doc gave me twice a day & nothing. I am lactose intolerant also but I think I will eat something with dairy in it tonight just to see if that will help. I hate being in pain but I can not stand feeling this way. Please help. Alberta

solofelix
02-22-2013, 12:06 PM
I think if this had been a problem it would have been found during your Colonoscopy.
Did you know you can have too much fibre.
I suffer bouts of IBS and have found this to be true. Try eating Figs (fresh or dried) daily also Prunes and ease of the fibre. Make a habit of visiting the bathroom at the same time each morning and dont strain.
Replace some of your water with prune-juice.
Good Luck,

Solofelix.

Alberta1967
02-22-2013, 12:27 PM
I guess they would have found it then if something was wrong. I do drink pune juice, but I need to eat more punes. I don't know what figs are but I will find out. Thanks
Does your intestines have to be full in order to have a bowel movement?

flipfleury
02-22-2013, 05:44 PM
I guess they would have found it then if something was wrong. I do drink pune juice, but I need to eat more punes. I don't know what figs are but I will find out. Thanks
Does your intestines have to be full in order to have a bowel movement?

Try warming the prune juice in the microwave and drinking it at bedtime and at breakfast. Sometimes taking a warm tub bath or putting a heating pad on your lower abdomen will help to relax muscles making easier to move your bowels. I also have found it very helpful to take 10 slow deep breaths and hold it to the count of 15 and slowly exhale through pursed lips. It helps to relax the rectal and anal sphincter muscles making it easier to go. If you usally move your bowels around the same time of day then try sitting on the toilet for 30 minutes to give yourself enough time to relax and be able to move your bowels. the more relaxed you're the easier for the rectal muscles to open up. Listening to relaxing music helps me to relax my mind as well as my body.
For most peoplle it takes anywhere from 12-24 hours for the digestion to take place. usually when you eat a meal high in fat then you will get the urge to move your bowels from 20-60 minutes after eating. I found that when I sit on the toilet each morning at the same time to move my bowels ,I don't get constipated unless I don't eat and drink what I am suppose to.

Alberta1967
02-22-2013, 08:22 PM
Due to a stroke I had 8 years ago, I can not take a bath. Would love to but can not get in & out of the tub. Right now I will tryanything. Thanks so much

Alberta1967
03-05-2013, 05:30 AM
I went back to see my doctor. Nothing is wrong with me. Thank God. He did change my meds though. He put me Lactulose 2x a day. Does anyone know anything about this?I have not taken any of it yet. So please hurry & answer. Alberta

Petite50
03-05-2013, 10:23 AM
Here in the UK,Lactalose is given in liquid dose and it helps to soften stools,so should make passing them easier.

Alberta1967
03-05-2013, 12:44 PM
I read up on it, & found I can not take it. It has lactose in it & I am lactose intolerant. So much for that. Thanks Alberta

Petite50
03-06-2013, 05:10 AM
Thats a shame.Surely doctor should have known lactose was in it and that you cannot take it!Hope you can find something else to take that shall help.

tanzillo
03-06-2013, 09:02 PM
I know how you feel I'm dealing with the same thing , it's so bad I'm uncomfortable all the time and I'm blown up so bad that my ribs are under alot of pressure and they hurt and I can't do any thing normal anymore b/c of it b/c I can't stand or walk for long periods of time , I gain so much weight because it its ashame I'm lost and just don't know what to do etheir , I've tried everything and nothing is workin 4 me netheir, so I wish you the best of luck

Alberta1967
03-07-2013, 05:17 AM
I finally started having some very loose bm's. Are you taking Miralax? If not I would sugest you do. 2 times a day. It might take a week or so to get it going but it will go. Just keep drinking it. I went yesterday & again today & I think I might have to go back to the bathroom. Just keep drinking it. Let me know how you are doing, ok? Alberta

Terlin
03-09-2013, 04:21 PM
I know this sounds crazy but I think my rectum will not open to allow
anything to come out. Has anyone ever heard of this? I had a colonoscopy 2 weeks ago. I eat fiber all time, drink alot of water, also drink the meds the doc gave me twice a day & nothing. I am lactose intolerant also but I think I will eat something with dairy in it tonight just to see if that will help. I hate being in pain but I can not stand feeling this way. Please help. Alberta

I have the same problem, it started after I had inguinal hernia surgery. Do you have severe abdominal pain hurting more when sitting? Also difficulty urinating. I had a sigmoidoscopy and they found nothing wrong, said I had pelvicfloor dysplasia and sent me to biofeedback thearapy and it me on miralx. But when I do go I get no relief from ab pain. Used to strain to evacuate, had to take an enima for a manometry test and couldn't pass the enima out. Now I do have bms hurts coming out, sometimes 2 ft long stool but no relief ab pain has gotten worse. And rectum feels numb. Do you have abdominal bloating and pain? How about urinating?