PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions?

Short stack
04-19-2013, 05:44 PM
December 2012 I started having pain in my lower right abdomen that would not be in the same spot. Sometimes it would be by my right hip and some times it would be low by my pelvic area.I was convinced that it was my appendix. After a week with on and off again pain, not eating and many trips to the bathroom with diarrhea I went to the doctor and he said it sounded like some kind of stomach bug. Well the pains came back and I went back to the Dr. this time he took x-rays of my hip thinking maybe I had done something to my back. But if course they came back great. I went back for a third time this time he gave me meds for intestinal spasms. Told me he thought I had IBS. Was supposed to go back in a month. I went to a different Dr. trying to get answers this time I took my husband. This Dr. thinks I have trapped gas and has me cleaning out my system, starting a food diary and taking me off dairy first then she wants me to cut out gluten. It is now been 5 months this all started. I keep reading about chronic appendicitis and I'm just freaking my self out. So I guess my question is....does IBS feel like this?

Short stack
04-20-2013, 05:57 AM
My post from yesterday doesn't really make sense....I was in the car and on my phone. (Not driving) I guess what I'm asking is...is the pain I have normal for IBS or should keep looking for answers? In my post before I was kind of vague on the pain. My pain is not constant it comes in waves. The pain I would say is around a 3 with 10 being the highest. It hurts from my pelvic area to my right hip. It has been going on for about 5 months and before I started having these pains I was only having a BM about once a week, sometimes more. Lets just say I am not a regular person. The pain just started one day and like I said before I thought it was my appendix. I'm just trying to find some answers. Is this normal pain with IBS? Do I need to keep going to the Dr.? Do I keep having test run? Any suggestions?

worrywort
04-20-2013, 11:13 AM
came across your post. I have that exact same thing! had colonoscopy and ultrasounds! I have ibs! trapped gas is what it is. It can be seen on the ultrasound. I had so much they couldnt see my organs! I wish I could be of more help but I have been suffering for years! food journal, probiotics and digestive enzymes. Hope u feel better!

Short stack
04-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Thank you for your reply... I was told I had trapped gas. It's just scary to have pain in your right abdomen and not a clear answer of what it is. Your reply helps ease my anxiety. Thank you

worrywort
04-21-2013, 09:47 AM
Thank you for your reply... I was told I had trapped gas. It's just scary to have pain in your right abdomen and not a clear answer of what it is. Your reply helps ease my anxiety. Thank you

Your very welcome, I wish that there was a cure for ibs! it sucks and really puts a damper on everyday life!