PDA

View Full Version : IBS-d gone!

Lady221
04-25-2013, 02:10 PM
I've had IBS-D for many years. I've tried everything possible to no avail. One week ago I came down with pneumonia and was given 750mg of Levaquin. Diarrhea GONE. What does that tell me? To me it means this is definitely something that can be treated with low dose antibiotic. Why hasn't my Gastro figured this out? Has anyone else experienced this?

g1mp
05-01-2013, 03:42 AM
Hi Lady221.
I have just discovered that yeast is my problem and i have suffered for a long time.
I have been yeast free for a couple of weeks and feel so much better, no bloated belly, no diarrhea (peanuts also help me stay solid), not feeling sluggish and the list goes on.lol

I feel so happy i enrolled here today, if yeast is your problem, you will know within 2 or 3 days.
good luck.

stay away from antibiotics as much as possible..

Lady221
05-01-2013, 04:00 AM
Yeast as in breads/gluten?

g1mp
05-01-2013, 04:41 AM
Yeast as in breads/gluten?

yes and i love bread.....
beer and yogurt are so very bad for me.

i am still eating gluten, i seem to be able to handle that ok..

i felt so much better in 2 days!

good luck and if you try it, i would be grateful if you let me know how it went. :)

Lady221
05-01-2013, 05:30 AM
Not going to be easy though lol
Thanks

g1mp
05-01-2013, 05:55 AM
it is easy, dont tell yourself it is going to be hard. :)

i thought the same as well at the start but trust me its not, if yeast is your problem.!
i can live without beer ok, i love bread but i now eat yeast free bread which gives me limits but the results are well worth it for me.

eat gluten for now which makes things a lot easier, if problems continue after 3 days stop that as well.

it is worth it.... (i feel so much better today and happier)
it is easy. ;)