PDA

View Full Version : Pulsing in my abdominal

SickinNJ
04-29-2013, 10:16 AM
Hi all

Does anyone get light pulses in there abdominal, I though it could be my colon but the only think I ate yesterday out of the norm was a salad for lunch and a sweet potato for dinner.

I did not have D but I had a lot of gas and my stomach turned pretty good this morning, I thought i was going to be sick

Do you think it my colon?

ladybud
04-29-2013, 10:37 AM
Feeling a pulsation in your abdomen has nothing to do with what you eat or your GI tract. If it is regular, like your heartbeat, an abdominal aneurysm should be considered. It is an enlargement of the aorta, like a balloon that pulsates. This is usually found in middle age to older people who have high BP or vascular disease. It can be diagnosed by ultrasound, which is non-invasive. Sometimes extremely thin people can feel their aorta pulsate, even when the aorta is normal. An aneurysm is a serious situation and should be diagnosed, monitored carefully and fixed, depending on circumstances and size. If an aneurysm exists, it is essential to keep BP under good control to prevent rupture of it. Please get this checked out if you fit in the first category.

ang76
07-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Hi, I got the same thing going on as you. It almost feels like a heart beat in my belly but my heart beats separate. It's more like a throbbing. When I put my iPad on my stomach when laying down it jumps. I have had many weird health problems in the past 2 years that r very similar to yours.

ang76
07-18-2013, 04:47 PM
Also I have been tested for a aneurism a few times by US, that's not what it is. Drs r clueless.

ladybud
07-19-2013, 08:10 AM
How thin are you? Thin people can sometimes feel their aorta pulsing. It may be that you are just very sensitive to internal sensations, like some people feel their heart beat and others are totally unaware of it. I wouldn't worry as long as aneurysm has been ruled out and you don't have high blood pressure.