PDA

View Full Version : Ibs-d

Duckmullet
05-01-2013, 01:19 PM
I have been having an irritable bowel problem, which is Diarrhea! My doctor told me to take Metamucil...but it seems to cramp me up and cause gas, etc.. so I have decided to try Citrucel, as it is not suppose to cause gas or cramping.. but I realize this product is a synthetic. How much of this do I take for IBS-D ? and should it be taken at night, or I am also taking probiotics and enzymes....The Metamucil says to take 1 tsp per glass of water, Citrucel says 1 Tablespoon....I am confused...

rederyn
05-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Back when I was taking fiber, I tolerated the citrucel much better. Because it is synthetic, it doesn't ferment and cause bloating. Now keep in mind that you may have bloating anyways when you start taking fiber, just your body getting used to it. I always took it at night, the same time as my vitamins and probiotic. And I used a large spoon, so I was taking probably a tablespoon. You can start with less and gradually work yourself up.
I actually don't take any fiber now. I'm currently trying other means to control my IBS (diet mainly). I was disappointed that my GI doctor gave me the cure all; 'less stress, more fiber' bandaid, and didn't try to explore other reasons for my IBS. Hopefully this works for you and it's all you need.

Duckmullet
05-02-2013, 07:55 AM
Back when I was taking fiber, I tolerated the citrucel much better. Because it is synthetic, it doesn't ferment and cause bloating. Now keep in mind that you may have bloating anyways when you start taking fiber, just your body getting used to it. I always took it at night, the same time as my vitamins and probiotic. And I used a large spoon, so I was taking probably a tablespoon. You can start with less and gradually work yourself up.
I actually don't take any fiber now. I'm currently trying other means to control my IBS (diet mainly). I was disappointed that my GI doctor gave me the cure all; 'less stress, more fiber' bandaid, and didn't try to explore other reasons for my IBS. Hopefully this works for you and it's all you need.
I just started taking the Citrucil last night-- 1 Tablespoon in glass of water. This morning, I was still loose.. Does it take a little time to get adjusted to this? I took another Tablespoon this morning.. I will see what happens! I also take probiotics and enzymes..

rederyn
05-03-2013, 07:16 AM
Yes, it may take some time to get used to it. As long as your symptoms are not getting worse, I'd stick with it.