PDA

View Full Version : allergy or acid reflux - blocked nose

betty333
06-03-2013, 02:55 AM
Hello Everyone,

I have been suffering form very congested nose for over a year. Had surgery last Oct, had only minor improvement. ENT keeps subscribing me all king of sprays, tablets, none makes any difference.

Today I went to see a holistic healer and she mentioned that it could be related to my stomach. I did some search and was surprised to see that so many people are suffering from nasal congestion due to gerd.

I don't know if I have Gerd, but I know that some foods make me feel a bit dizzy, after large meals, soda I keep burping for quite a long time. Can't tolerate chocolates at all, if I eat 3 piece of bonbon I vomit it out. I feel similar with salads with vinegar and tomatoes, cucumber, tomato sauce, tomato juice, onion, and there's probably a lot more.
Sometimes I feel that the food doesn't want to go down and sometimes I feel short of breath. But I don't feel any heart burn nor chest pain.

My vocal cords also feels funny at times.

Also coincidence or not, last night I had very severe gastro viral infection, came very sudden and gone within a few hours. Very strong headache, and vomiting. But the next day, which is today I felt again that I could breath, not so congested, still a little, but nothing compared to what it was before.

None of these symptoms seems to me severe, and I wouldn't pay much attention to it at all, but as I can't figure out, nor my ENT what causing the congestion, I'm wondering if it could be due to acid reflux
What do you guys think?
Should I try some diet? Can someone recommend something?

One more thing. I've been in Asia for 1 month, and I interestingly I didn't have any symptoms there. Is it possible that the food could make so much difference?

Thanks!

solofelix
06-03-2013, 07:07 AM
Hi Betty,

You could well be right wondering if digestive issues and nasal congestion go together.
I had never heard of this myself but have suffered both nasal congestion and digestive issues being,
H.Pylori, Ulcers, and IBS. I also have a Hiatal-Hernia, Gastritis.
It hardly sounds possible that one could go along with another so I will take a look into this myself,

Solofelix.