PDA

View Full Version : Left side pain. IBS related? Has anyone had this?

Rockndrums07
06-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Hello,

I have been diagnosed with IBS about four years ago. I have a ton of food allergies along with it. About two weeks ago I began to get this dull pain in my left side, about 3 inches left of my belly button. Its not a horrible pain, its just uncomfortable and comes and goes. It kind of feels like a punching/rumbling. I notice it more after I eat. I have felt gassy but unable to pass it. A few days ago I got what I think was food poisoning. I was vomiting, had the chills, fever, and body aches. It was gone in 24 hours, so I assume it isn't related.

My question is-is this normal? Or should I see a doctor? My family has a history of Crohns.

Every time I try to research this, it comes up with pregnancy stuff. I'm not pregnant, and have had 3 periods since the last time I had sex. Just want to clear the air on that! Haha

worrywort
06-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Hi, I have had this. My pain is usually in my left lower side. You should however get it checked because it could be something else. Sending hugs! Hope you feel better

Rockndrums07
06-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Hi, I have had this. My pain is usually in my left lower side. You should however get it checked because it could be something else. Sending hugs! Hope you feel better

Did you get it checked out? What did it turn out to be?

I'm wondering if I have gas that just is not going away. It would be going on two weeks. I also get like a rumbling feeling. It happens more after I eat.

worrywort
06-09-2013, 09:03 AM
Did you get it checked out? What did it turn out to be?

I'm wondering if I have gas that just is not going away. It would be going on two weeks. I also get like a rumbling feeling. It happens more after I eat.

Yes, I had an ultrasound of my stomach and pelvic organs. couldnt find anything except a small ovarian cyst that was not the cause. It could be female related that is why I feel you should get an ultrasound or ct scan. I did eventually have a colonoscopy. I felt like it was trapped gas or something. I could actually feel a knot on my lower left side. I was so terrified! you are not alone, I feel your pain.:angel: I still get the pain often and now I get it on my right side also. having a few test done and then going to see a homeopath doctor since I refuse to take a dozen pills to mask my symptoms, I want to make them better. I will share whatever information I get with you. take care

painfulcolon
06-09-2013, 10:12 AM
This sounds just like me. I started getting dull left sided pain in about the same place as you maybe a bit down and in my back about 10 years ago which initially seemed like it might be a muscle thing and while lots of physio and physical support - belt or taping had some impact it was not a cure. Then I developed diarrhea . I have had endless internal investigations none of which have actually identified any specific diagnosis so by exclusion it is said I have IBS. Now sometimes i get consipates and developed a fissure. These days the pain can be quite severe and sometimes it does spread to the right side and latterly I feel like someone has left a mobile phone on vibrate in my colon and its permanently ringing / vibrating