PDA

View Full Version : Hello, hope I can receive some help here

RAKIMLUZR
06-16-2013, 06:43 PM
I'm a newbie. My story is, that I was in the hospital this past April w/Afib and Bronchitis. I feel, the amount of meds I've been put on, including Prednisone, flared up my Reflux ...bad. I've been suffering in such pain, I wanted to die. I have an excellent Gastro Dr. and he has me on Nexium 40mg w/Klonopin 1mg, 2x daily in the morning and then again at night. Also Pepcid 20mg, 3 x daily in between and I'm still in pain.

Other than soreness, I'm fine in the morning and the pain always starts apx. 3 to 4 pm daily and by 10 or 11 pm, I'm fine again. I'm living on baby food, limited to rice cereal w/skim milk, rice Krispies, baked potato and steamed Salmon, which is the only food I can tolerate.

I have had an upper endo, showing a small hiatal hernia and mild esophageal inflamation. I've also had a closed MRI showing a good reading. There are times it feels so good, I think it's gone, than BANG, it's there. My biggest fear is that surgery is going to be my only alternative, which I don't want, b/c of the vast failures. Will this eventually subside? How long can it take? Are there any other options or meds I can try? Any information or input on this would be gratefully appreciated.
Sandra

RAKIMLUZR
06-16-2013, 10:01 PM
Please someone reply ..am so scared. I'm 69yrs old. ty

Spunkyhunny
06-16-2013, 10:25 PM
hi there have you tried any non prescription type of medicine...like DGL or mastic gum or d-limonen or papaya enzymes..bee propolis,,there are alot of different things you can try....they may take a bit to work as they are natural products...hope this helps
Spunky

DKH227
06-17-2013, 12:34 PM
Try some alkaline water - it will help to neutralize the pepsin that is stuck in your throat causing the burn.