PDA

View Full Version : Bloating and tighness under ribs

Terlin
06-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Anybody have bloating and tighness just below the ribs? Feels like a
Band tighning making it hard to breath.also have a sucking in feeling when swallowing things seem to suck to the back of throat and my throat feels like its tighning. Sometimes hard to swallow. It feels like I have a negative presure in
Stomach and my lower gut is so bloated and constipated please help all test come up negative!

Snowman22
06-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Anybody have bloating and tighness just below the ribs? Feels like a
Band tighning making it hard to breath.also have a sucking in feeling when swallowing things seem to suck to the back of throat and my throat feels like its tighning. Sometimes hard to swallow. It feels like I have a negative presure in
Stomach and my lower gut is so bloated and constipated please help all test come up negative!
Yep-- kind of the same. Also everything negative. That band around the ribs is what I can not tolerate. I have even been in PT. helps a bit for a short time but come's back quickly. It is a *****. I think it is nerves. I have a few zanax tabs. Take one and much better. They are a muscle relaxer. They work. You can then live your life. Find a doctor that is interested in your comfort and not just a check. They should treat you with your comfort first. Then let's find out what is going on. These doctors think of only money and not you as a person that has pain. They also like to talk down to you like your nuts. Put them in their place. If not request another doctor.Thats the point I'm at right now.this doc. Does not think of my comfort one bit. If it were him you can bet he would be taking something to make him able to,live his life. Why are we different. Do they think we will,sell the pills on the corner or what. He'll,I'm 66. Not some kid. Good luck. If you find help let me know and I'll keep you posted as well on anything I find out.

Terlin
06-29-2013, 05:23 AM
Yep-- kind of the same. Also everything negative. That band around the ribs is what I can not tolerate. I have even been in PT. helps a bit for a short time but come's back quickly. It is a *****. I think it is nerves. I have a few zanax tabs. Take one and much better. They are a muscle relaxer. They work. You can then live your life. Find a doctor that is interested in your comfort and not just a check. They should treat you with your comfort first. Then let's find out what is going on. These doctors think of only money and not you as a person that has pain. They also like to talk down to you like your nuts. Put them in their place. If not request another doctor.Thats the point I'm at right now.this doc. Does not think of my comfort one bit. If it were him you can bet he would be taking something to make him able to,live his life. Why are we different. Do they think we will,sell the pills on the corner or what. He'll,I'm 66. Not some kid. Good luck. If you find help let me know and I'll keep you posted as well on anything I find out. does it make it hard to breath and eating do you have a sucking in feeling

Snowman22
06-29-2013, 05:41 AM
does it make it hard to breath and eating do you have a sucking in feeling

Breathing only because it is so tight at times. Eating---they thought it was my stomach or gall bladder. They tested all that and nada. But you sure did not want to eat because of the discomfort. I lost a good 10-15 pounds. Could not really go out to dinner with family or friends because of the discomfort. Took a muscle relaxer my regular doctor gave me and walla---much better and could eat again. Go figure. But it did relax that band feeling. Not a sure all cure--but what the heck it works. Now they figure its from the spine area that is causing the band discomfort and everything else. Stiff neck as well. Pain in hips and thighs etc. I'm sure a shot of some kind is in the offering. But until them I just have to jump through the hoops of the medical system. Good luch--hope this helps you out.

Piano0105
07-02-2013, 08:05 AM
I just have the tightening of the ribs. I find it extremely uncomfortable. Makes it difficult to even be in a sitting position. I get this after lunch and dinner. It makes no difference what I eat. In my particular case it is not due to nerves. It goes along with my bloating/constipation. I notice that it doesn't happen for a few days following a laxative. Can't find any solution to it.

Snowman22
07-02-2013, 09:23 AM
I just have the tightening of the ribs. I find it extremely uncomfortable. Makes it difficult to even be in a sitting position. I get this after lunch and dinner. It makes no difference what I eat. In my particular case it is not due to nerves. It goes along with my bloating/constipation. I notice that it doesn't happen for a few days following a laxative. Can't find any solution to it.

When I said nerves my meaning was muscle and tissue related nerves. That most likely would be from the spine area. Mid back. They use Zanax and other muscle relaxers for spinal problems at needed times. I don't get constipation. Your's could be from whatever pain reliever your taking. Very common problem. Sitting was a problem and still is to a much lesser extent now that I have gone to PT. A couple proper stretching exercise's and much better. Get on Hands and knee's. lift left leg and right arm---like pointing. Repeat with other leg and arm. Do about two rep's of 10 each. Do twice in AM and PM.I'm betting tightness will be better in about a week. It will still be there but will not be as pronounced.
Good luck.Also I'm still in the process of this thing as well as you. Will keep things posted as things progress.

Snowman22
07-02-2013, 09:44 AM
When I said nerves my meaning was muscle and tissue related nerves. That most likely would be from the spine area. Mid back. They use Zanax and other muscle relaxers for spinal problems at needed times. I don't get constipation. Your's could be from whatever pain reliever your taking. Very common problem. Sitting was a problem and still is to a much lesser extent now that I have gone to PT. A couple proper stretching exercise's and much better. Get on Hands and knee's. lift left leg and right arm---like pointing. Repeat with other leg and arm. Do about two rep's of 10 each. Do twice in AM and PM.I'm betting tightness will be better in about a week. It will still be there but will not be as pronounced.
Good luck.Also I'm still in the process of this thing as well as you. Will keep things posted as things progress.
Let me add one more thing. When you eat your stomach expands from normal process of digestion. This is what pushes on muscles and tissue surrounding your rib's and stomach. The nerve ending and such is what gives the rubber band feeling or pressure if you will. There is a medication that numbs nerve endings. Works for many. I can't take it because it hurts my stomach. I know others that have greatly reduced or eliminated their discomfort. Ask your doctor.