PDA

View Full Version : Questran and IBS

jakiroe
07-03-2013, 09:55 AM
I am an 80 year-old female. 57 years ago I had my gall-bladder removed. Ever since I have suffered diarrea from IBS which has prevented me from living the normal life that I wanted. I have been treated for gastric problems for most of those 57 years by the same gastrointestinal group. They never connected my IBS with the gall-bladder removal. Every year my gastroenterologist (there are three in the group and I have visited all, at one time or other), examines me, asks a few questions and sends me for a Colonoscopy or Endoscopy at their lab. Recently hospitalized for chest pain I discovered from another physician that a small percentage of people who have gallbladder removal, never recover. This was total news to me. I asked my GP about this and the medication Questran. She wrote me a rx and I am taking it and am almost diarrea-free for the first time in all these years. I am so angry with those docs. I feel like they robbed my of my life. Try this stuff. I am only taking 1/2 scoop a day and I plan to cut that in half and try. It's great to go to lunch, or shopping without having to visit the John every five minutes. Does anyone out there claim IBS for longer than 57 years?