PDA

View Full Version : Amitriptyline hcl and IBS

axela
07-03-2013, 11:49 AM
Hello,

I was just at the Gastro yesterday and was diagnosed with IBS.
He put me on Amitriptyline hcl 10mg and told me to take it at bedtime because it can make me sleepy.

I was just curious about the drug. Does anyone know it's side effects? Does anyone have any pros / cons they'd like to add?

I hear it's an anti-depressant which worries me because I already suffer from periods of deep depression and anxiety but never wanted to take anything for it because I try to deal with it different ways (meditation, prayer, etc). I just don't want to withdrawal from it when I'm off.

I also see things that say don't mix with alcohol, but I like to enjoy a glass of wine every so often... :/

I would really love if someone could help me out. I'm supposed to take it tonight. Thank you.

Suziq567
07-18-2013, 04:23 AM
Hi there

I was put on amytriptaline for my upper abdominal pain as they have no idea what the problem is

I will be honest, I had a very bad reaction to it and only took it for one week. I felt very strange and the pain got worse and had tingling in my face and arms

I came off it. But this maybe different for you. But if you feel strange or pain gets worse stop taking it

Suziq

Suziq567
07-18-2013, 04:24 AM
Hi there

I was put on amytriptaline for my upper abdominal pain as they have no idea what the problem is

I will be honest, I had a very bad reaction to it and only took it for one week. I felt very strange and the pain got worse and had tingling in my face and arms

I came off it. But this maybe different for you. But if you feel strange or pain gets worse stop taking it

Suziq