PDA

View Full Version : Laryngeal Granulomas

Jamest155
07-15-2013, 03:48 PM
Hello, I have a granuloma on the back left side of my vocal cords due to acid reflux/LPR. It was discovered when the ENT did a scope through my nose. I had all the basic list of LPR symptoms. The ENT put me on prescription Prilosec 2 times a day and prescription zantac before bed. I also have to follow the lifestyle and diet changes and follow the Dropping Acid diet. He also emphasized voice rest and I have been trying not to talk at all which is tough sometimes, especially with finishing out the little work I have. The granuloma feels like a sore on the back left side of the throat and it seems to effect the muscles and left side of the throat. Its been about 6 weeks since I saw the ENT. I think alot of the LPR symptoms are reduced although they occasionlly pop up. I do not feel any change to the area of the granuloma though. Does anyone else have a granuloma in the vocal cord area and if so, I would appreciate if you could tell me what you experienced, what helped you and how long did it take for the granuloma to heal. Any help would be appreciated. The ENT told me when I went to see him that I should see him again in 3 months. I first started to feel something was wrong with my throat in the beginning of February, 2013. I finally went to see the ENT on June 5, 2013 after things didn't improve and actually got worse.