PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Desserts?

scot724
07-17-2013, 04:25 PM
What can i buy in a store that's a frozen dessert that would be reflux safe?

what is everyone's experiences with different frozen desserts?

i miss ice cream so much during these hot summer months i need something similar

Sezza84
07-17-2013, 04:46 PM
Hi scot, I miss ice cream too! but like you already know it is one of the biggest culprits. With frozen desserts what about a sorbet? I assume frozen yoghurt would have the same effect as ice cream. I have found the frozen Bavarian type desserts don't cause me too much grief if I only eat a small portion, I get the cookies and cream one as the regular Bavarian is too chocolaty, good luck

scot724
07-23-2013, 05:02 PM
anyone try coconut milk ice creams? any issues?

i wanted to get almond milk ice cream but couldnt find any in my area but lots of coconut variety in my area so just curious if anyone has tried it and results?

MountainReader
07-23-2013, 07:05 PM
It may depend on whatever other ingredients are in the coconut milk bars. Coconut milk has worked well for me.

Do you have a good blender? This year, I started blending frozen fruit with a bit of soy/almond/coconut milk and some extract flavoring. It makes an incredible fruity 'ice cream'. You can choose a fruit that works for you. I like peach and strawberry. Peach is probably my favorite.

dana404
07-26-2013, 01:18 PM
I've been allowing myself an ICEE once a week with no issues. Sonic slushie drinks are noncarbonated too. I know they aren't the healthiest thing in the world, but they satisfy that cold craving when I'm out and about.

MountainReader
07-26-2013, 10:35 PM
Good suggestion. My ENT actually recommends ICEE's/Slushies when my throat is raw from acid irritation and the associated coughing. I don't do them often, but I treat myself occasionally. I also crush ice in my Ninja and put juice or flavoring over it and make my own iced treat.