PDA

View Full Version : Weird Stomach Bug?

guitar2013
08-02-2013, 08:09 PM
I suffer from IBS, but usually I am aware of the issues and handle them as accordingly as I can. I don't know what my triggers are, but the obvious ones like greasy or fried foods do a number on me.

The last few weeks I've had some sort of ongoing bug going on. Fourth of July weekend, out of nowhere at night I got this wave of nausea and ran to the bathroom a few times. I was fine the next day, figured it was something I ate, or a bug. Time went on, I had some of my usual issues, but nothing too out of the ordinary.

Now this past weekend (which was the end of July), I had the same exact feeling like above. Came out out of nowhere, when lying down it was as if my stomach was not settled. It wasn't really queasy, but just like things were moving around in there. And then, again, the bathroom attack. Also at work, I tend to go right after lunch, sometimes rather urgently so. Once I go once or twice, it's back to normal and fine. There is no blood or anything to that degree.

Now I'm sitting here a few hours after eating some organic food, which cannot be healthier, right? But I have that weird sensation going on. I don't know if it's going to result in a bathroom trip.

I'm not sure if this is an ulcer, maybe? Or could it just be part of my IBS/Acid Reflux. I take Omeprazole daily, but I think I forgot it today. I don't recall if I forgot it all the other times I had this weird feeling. I've been trying to Google to see if I could match my symptoms, but it's hard to pinpoint because there's really no way to describe the feeling, it's not a pain, not nauseous, no blood in stool, etc.

Any thoughts or similar instances out there? I'd love to hear from you.

ladybud
08-03-2013, 02:04 AM
When you run to bathroom, is that to vomit or move bowels? You said nausea preceded that sensation. Intolerance to greasy or fried foods can be from gallbladder trouble, which can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea. If this consistently happens when lying down, it could be acid reflux, which is positional, related to gravity. Do you have a GI Dr, you see in case this continues?

guitar2013
08-03-2013, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the reply! It's to move bowels, not vomit, thankfully.

I did some more research last night and I do think it's related to acid reflux. I take Omeprazole daly, but sometimes may forget. Also lately (like the last few months) I have felt like the Omeprazole is not doing much. I will random get the reflux feeling in my throat, if I bend over quickly or something. Of course it's worse with heavy meals or triggers, but even just overall. So yeah, I'm thinking I need a new plan of treatment.

I don't have a gastro doctor yet, I recently moved to a new area and working on getting in touch with new doctors. Already hit up the primary and gyno. I suppose finding a Gastro is definitely next up on the list.

What a drag it is getting old, like the song says, eh?:round:

mimij67
08-13-2013, 12:09 PM
I would keep a careful food journal to see what foods might be triggering this. Look into low FODMAP diet to control IBS sx and reflux. Also consider working with a functional medicine doctor or naturopath to get off of those proton pump inhibitors. You don't want to be on them all of your life. I suggest researching alternative treatments to acid reflux. PPIs will reek havoc on your long term health. Your body is talking to you. Please listen :)