PDA

View Full Version : Brain Fog Frustration

DazedPete
08-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Hi All,

I've just joined this great community and have been going through a tough time the past couple months in terms of my health. I have been to GP's, a TMJ dentist, Neurologists, and visited the ER in hopes that someone could help me with whatever it is that is ailing me. My symptoms include Stuffy Nose, Clicking in ears when swallowing, Headaches, Clogged Ears, Tinnitus, Fatigue, a strange brain fog where I just don't feel like myself, as well as vision issues including Visual Snow, Blurry vision, and increased number of floaters. These issues are driving me nuts as I never had any of these things a few months ago. I've been diagnosed with Viral Labyrinthitis and TMJ. Has anyone had success with a night time bite splint? I'm skeptical about these and don't have dental insurance so I don't want to spend money on something that won't work. My neck also feels tight and my cervical spine makes a crunching sound when I look up. I've realized that it also may be a neck issue but I'm unsure about how to go about that route to determine if it is the cause or how to fix it if I do determine that it is the cause. Any input helps.

Pete

AL Lymie
08-06-2013, 12:00 PM
I am curious, have you ever been tested for Lyme Disease? You have a lot of the classic symptoms I think. I tried the bite splints at night when I had TMJ issues and it did nothing for me to correct the problem, but everyone is different.

DazedPete
08-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Al,

When I was in the ER I had a lot of blood drawn for testing so I'm assuming that testing for Lyme's Disease is pretty standard as far as blood testing goes. I'm thinking this all has something to do with my neck issues. Anyone have any experience with Barre-Lieou Syndrome? I have read about it and all of the symptoms are spot-on.

AL Lymie
08-06-2013, 08:54 PM
Actually Pete, Lyme is not something that is routine to test for when labs are ordered. I have found out the hard way. I have had all kinds of labs done from all types of doctors over the last 3 yrs and no one ever ordered a Lyme test, not even the rheumatologist that diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia in January who did all kinds of other testing on my blood work, just not Lyme. Barre-Lieou Syndrome, that is something that I don't have experience with, I hope someone else can give you good advice on it. Good luck!

julzgops
09-16-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm not a doctor, but for TMJ headaches a quick relief can be achieved by applying tiger balm wherever the joint pain is, and maybe some vicks where you have sinus pain on your cheekbones and above your eyes where you may be congested. I have TMJD and chronic sinusitis, and when I moved to a new city a couple of weeks ago I have also been going through a strange brain fog, with worse tmj headaches, drowsiness due to congestion, tinnitis, and extreme sleepiness. I went to a allergy doctor who basically said i was allergic to everything and prescribed me allegra and nasonex. i cannot say they work, but the tiger balm and vicks definitely do the trick at night. Make sure you don't get them into your eyes, and get the tiger balm vanishing scent to get the one that has lotion consistency.