PDA

View Full Version : Recently Diagnosed 26 year old boy

telecom1987
08-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Hello Guys,

I'm from Venezuela. I just got diagnose with IBS and was prescribed Pinaverium Bromide for one month.

I'm feeling better. Anyone knows the effects of this drug in the long term? Could i use it in the long term ?

I'm 26 years old. I feel so bad because before my diagnosis i was a healthy guy.

Now i feel so bad with this disease :(.....

Beside from Dicetel can I have advice from you of another drugs or natural meds?

I have heard that psyllium also helps.

Thank you for sharing your experience with me...... I also want to try FODMAP.

Is there a way of no feeling anything ? With this illness i feel like a have hipersensibility.

BTW i just started my meds today.....

Any advice would be appreciatted.

Thanks,

Alejandro

Will 2 Live
08-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Hello Telecom1987,

For a natural way to help cope with IBS I would suggest taking Align. It's a natural probiotic. I've been taking it for over a month. I've seen my IBS symptoms such as bloating, gas and abdominal pain on the lower left side - all subside quite a bit. Plus the dreadful feeling of getting up in the morning and throughout the day almost disappear. It takes a few days for Align to really start working. But it's worth a shot.

My doctor prescribed Dicetel for me about a month ago. I opted not to use it since I was on Align and had been doing better for myself. I would rather take the natural route, then to take medications. However, after recently having diarrhea, (which came out of the blue), I opted to start Dicetel this past weekend. I am IBS-D. Dicetel has been causing diarrhea for me within an hour of me taking the medication. As I've read with other posts, I should give Dicetel at least 2 weeks before it starts working. I have a good mind to quit it right now. I'm experiencing more diarrhea now, then when I was just taking Align.

Also, my doctor has told me that people have been taking Dicetel for years with no long term side effects. She also mentioned that taking Metamucil would be good, because it would bulk up the stool. Can you take Dicetel and Align at the same time? She wasn't able to give me an answer, since they both are doing the same thing.

IBS is life altering. The things that we were able to do once before seem unattainable now. I've watch my entire social life go down the tubes. Friends who no longer want to keep in touch with you, because you constantly break plans due to IBS. A spouse who doesn't know how to cope with your illness or knows how to support you. Therefore, causing tension and resentment in my marriage. I feel guilty because they have had to bear the burden of doing the errands for our household. Simple things like taking our children to the park seem like a horrendous task for me when a washroom isn't near by. Or driving only to turn the car around and head back home because I feel a diarrhea attack coming on.

Coping with IBS is a learning phase for all of us who suffer with it. There isn't a cure. IBS affects us all differently. Therefore, trying to map out what best works for you, will be done through trial and error, until you get a routine going for yourself. Unfortunately, those who don't suffer with IBS, don't understand how it affects us mentally, emotionally and physically. (i.e. Employers/Friends/Family) But with the support of this health board and doctors we'll be able to manage and work around our symptoms.

Hope this helps!

FarmGirl31
09-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Forget drugs. Change your diet, look online for natural cures and remedies. IBS is totally curable WITHOUT DRUGS.