PDA

View Full Version : prednisone overdose. i overdosed 160mg for two n half days

jameskw
08-15-2013, 04:02 PM
ya I did it it says four 10mg pills daily for four weeks. so I ate four pills four times daily. after I noticed my pills were short and realized what I did I called my drug store, my doctor, and poison control. poison control said that first its not a "poison pill " so my od wasn't a concern. however my doc told me to stop taking them. I just consumed 350mg of prednisone in three days and am so confused on what hype to believe for side affects just worried and confused as to why im not getting weaned off of them. bottom line my doc told me to do this and that's what im gonna do! ill try to let u all know what happens to me. by the way I was put on these for bronkitus/nemonia "yup no spell check" no other health problems at all .

ladybud
08-15-2013, 08:14 PM
I think you'll be fine. There is no need to taper off when you've only taken it 3 days. It has a short duration and the likely side effects from that high a dose are insomnia and tremor, feeling hyper.

jameskw
08-18-2013, 03:44 PM
im still alive. stopping the prednisone cold turkey really had no side affects for me. the only thing I noticed was my energy level, was told the prednisone would wind me up which I didn't agree with until I got off it. I slept a crazy amount of time 12-16hrs a day and felt totally burned out on a mild trip, dizzy, confused, and slow judgements. I couldn't even remember who had the right of way at stoplights! not sure what I got but I think its almost over now. my kidneys still hurt bad when I squat down, work should be interesting tomorrow. oh and night sweats holly crap! unreal! been sleeping with my bath towels to save my drounding bed, poor bed. well that's it, thanx for listening and ur 2 cents james