PDA

View Full Version : Colpermin problems

Keza12007
08-23-2013, 09:42 AM
Hi new here just wonderin if anyone else has had negative experiences using colpermin (peppermint capsules) only been using for 1 week taking two a day. It's now day five and had bad ibs day including headache,shakes etc. Is this normal for the beginnig of usings these tablets and just something I need to get through to benefit. Would be so grateful for any advice because all I hear is how wonderful these tablets can be and i don't feel wonderful at the moment!

rosu
08-24-2013, 08:19 AM
I've been taking colpermin for about 6 weeks. I haven't seen improvement in my symptoms, but my doctor has told me to finish off 2 courses (200 tablets) and then give it two weeks not taking them, and note any improvements/worsening. He also said it can take 2 or 3 weeks of taking Colpermin to start seeing benefits. I'm just going through the motions for the next month until I can report back that they (most likely) haven't helped. What I'm finding has been helping is live yoghurt and probiotic capsules, the yoghurt just before starting a meal, it seems to help a bit.

Are you making sure you are taking them correctly? Do not eat anything before taking the capsules, and do take them 30-60 min before meals. Maximum 3 per day. Be careful not to break the coating which apparently is designed to break open in your bowel and release all that oily burning peppermint extract. I'm not a fan of Colpermin due to it's lack of help in my case.