PDA

View Full Version : IBS and occasional food intolerance question

jenniferm2007
08-29-2013, 11:45 AM
Hi All, first time here and hi to everyone:).
I'm concerned about something: I have IBS but wondered is it normal that some food intolerance's won't always bother u? For instance sometimes I can have fried eggs, no problem. But today I made two and got horrible cramping immediately afterwards above and below belly button.Then diarrhea about 1/2 hour later. Same thing for other stuff like cereal. Some days I have oatmeal days in a row, and nothing, then I have it other times and oh my goodness pains and cramps and D. Is this normal. Shouldn't food triggers bother us every time we eat them?
Thank you :)

TEdds83
11-18-2013, 09:49 PM
I think it is common. It certainly has happened to me too. I wouldn't worry because I think we can react differently on a given day.:angel:

rederyn
11-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Yes, I have the same issue. It's so confusing, because it's making it so difficult to really identify any triggers. I was on the candida diet for 3 months, and ever since I started adding foods back into my diet, some foods cause issues some of the time, and I can't really figure out what to eat or not eat! I wish I knew the answer.... I'm getting food allergy tested next week, and I'm hoping for some answers.