PDA

View Full Version : Passing Blood Clots??

Rachel821
09-03-2013, 12:05 PM
I know this goes into the TMI/gross category, but last week I felt like I had to "go" and all I passed were a couple of dark-ish blood clots...one the size of a quarter and a couple smaller dime size ones. They were not bright red, but more maroon in color, but also not blackish tar colored. This was the day after a seriously painful episode of cramping, stabbing pain like a knife is going through my guy while on the toilet with diarrhea.

Some back history: I was given the diagnosis of IBS about two years ago after a CT scan and a colonoscopy didn't reveal anything. My symptoms were very inconsistent, ranging from feeling like I am constipated, but also feeling like I have to go all the time to severe urgency, especially after eating meals. Cutting out gluten has reduced some of the symptoms and bloating, but not enough to feel normal. I tested negative for Celiac sprue. I am fairly sure I cannot also tolerate dairy since that seems to flare things up.

I cannot find hardly info on those with IBS passing blood clots like that. I am finding that its more common with those with UC and Crohn's and starting to think maybe I was misdiagnosed. I know that I need to see my GI doc because of this new symptom, but was wondering if any other have had similar symptoms. My GI doc just retired, so I am need to find a new one, which isn't a bad thing really because I don't think he was too interested in finding out what really was wrong with me and just slapped IBS on as a label to at least call it something. When I do have a normally formed BM, they are very thin, like a pencil, and he didn't think that was abnormal...but who knows.

Also maybe worth mentioning, I've had my gall bladder removed almost 6 years ago, and that is when the IBS like symptoms flared up again after a period of somewhat normalcy for 3 years. Prior to that I had severe food poisoning from eating out at a restaurant that started all the symptoms. These episodes may be just coincidence, but who knows. Oh and I am somewhat youngish-32 years old. Symptoms started in earnest when I was about 24. But also had some GI issues when I was a teenager.

TEdds83
11-18-2013, 09:46 PM
I am sorry that no one has responded to your question. Are you doing ok now? I have the same issue. I think that it is possible to pass blood. I have that happen when I have a hemm flare up. It is very painful dealing with bowel issues. I do hope you are feeling better.:angel: