PDA

View Full Version : Extreme hunger and stomach rumbling

help wanted :(
10-02-2013, 05:11 AM
Does anyone suffer from Excessive constant hunger and stomach noises? I have been ill for 10 years and this is one of my main problems. I was diagnosed with IBS but i'm not convinced by this as i have no pain or cramping and rarely diarrhoea or constipation. My issue is i am always hungry, i eat a big meal and an hour later im hungry again and my stomach always rumbles really loud. Its like when i eat its moving through me too quickly so i need more food again. A lot of the time after i eat my stomach rumbles too like all the foods rushing through me and my stomach is swirling it around. In the evenings i also get major sugar cravings. I get a lot of bloating and wind but this improves significantly if i cut out carbs and sugar. Does anyone else experience this?

Missy L
11-22-2013, 01:51 AM
Hello, i have only just joined the forum and saw your post above. Your symptoms are very similar to what I am suffering with and I wanted to know if you have been diagnosed? Would be very interested to hear if you have found a solution. Do let me know, thanks.

aadhi
12-04-2013, 08:15 AM
Does anyone suffer from Excessive constant hunger and stomach noises? I have been ill for 10 years and this is one of my main problems. I was diagnosed with IBS but i'm not convinced by this as i have no pain or cramping and rarely diarrhoea or constipation. My issue is i am always hungry, i eat a big meal and an hour later im hungry again and my stomach always rumbles really loud. Its like when i eat its moving through me too quickly so i need more food again. A lot of the time after i eat my stomach rumbles too like all the foods rushing through me and my stomach is swirling it around. In the evenings i also get major sugar cravings. I get a lot of bloating and wind but this improves significantly if i cut out carbs and sugar. Does anyone else experience this?

Hello - I have the same problem for past 7 years. I have IBS since my birth. I have to eat every 2 hours. Or else stomach growls, stomach chokes, gastric forms. I know it is a irritating crap. I had my colonoscopy, endoscopy and pillcam last month for second time after 4 years. My GI confirmed i have bad acid reflux which i have been told to deal with and live with. Don't get frustrated. You can control it very well and come out of it. Ask your GI about these which i am following. It will help you very well.

1. I have been prescribed for proton pump inhibitor (to reduce the acid level) - Normal antacids don't work.
2. Don't stress during night. Sleep at least 6 hours during night.
3. Reduce acidic foods. Keep alkaline foods high in your food chart. Search online - you will get lots of food charts.
4. Take good probiotic daily.
5. Reduce oil, spice and fatty foods
6. Avoid tobacco and alcohol
7. Avoid tight fitting clothes
8. Don't lie down for at least 2 hours after meal
9. Raise your head of bed 5 inches
10. Finally - No big meals. Small meals with 4 hours interval.

People keep giving 1000's of description for IBS. It is as simple as sinus. It is just a symptom. Don't do things which your stomach doesn't like. It will keep you happy. And it is also mind related. Try to play it cool. Good luck..