PDA

View Full Version : Is my boyfriend addicted to cocaine?

sallyxxx
10-05-2013, 03:44 AM
Hi everyone, just really wanted someone to talk to about this, someone who can't judge and doesn't know my boyfriend. We have been together now for 5 years. I'm 25 and he's 24. For the last 3 months he has been going out every single Friday and Saturday night spending time with people he wouldn't normally and not contacting me all weekend. He has been taking cocaine, sometimes upto 4 grams in a night. I don't really know how much that is because I've never touched the stuff but it sounds quite a lot. He recently told me he did it one morning in work as well to 'get him through the day.' This worries me a lot. He also ended up in hospital one night after collapsing. He has become so distant to me and rarely wants to spend any time with me. It's like he doesn't want to do any of the things he used to enjoy. He is having trouble sleeping and resting and sometimes I won't know where he is for 2 days. Please help me, I don't know what to do. He won't let me talk to him as he says I ask too many questions and mither him.

acter
10-09-2013, 01:56 AM
Four grams seems like an awful lot. But, you know, it really doesn't matter how much he is doing, what matters is the change to his personality, and his relationship with you. I would be concerned about his attitude getting worse and worse toward you.

ZephyBoo
11-24-2013, 06:19 PM
Hi. Ive been searching for a current thread about relationships and cocaine.
Ive read many threads that helped me with my questions but those threads were closed.
Ive posted my own thread for advice as well.

Ive been w my boyfriend/fiance for 8 yrs. He has a highschool history of cocaine. And I know he's done it at least twice in the past yr. Horrible mood swings, impulsive anger issues, breaking up with me with no contact for a while, arguing over nothing, sudden verbal abuse, threatening me that he will call the cops to kick me out of the house (which he finally kicked me out 4 weeks ago, no cops tho)... is this what you are experiencing??? I dont have REAL proof of his current use, but there are signs and my gut feeling. Just wondering if this is similar to your situation. And Im searching for some current advice too. Thanks Sallyxxx, and I hope we both find comfort here.