PDA

View Full Version : Rib Cage

Blakobbell
10-15-2013, 12:49 PM
My right rib cage in the middle of the rib cage is indented in. I can run workout and wrestle and do everything ok. Sometimes if i touch it in the right spot i can feel the bones touching one of my organs and the pain is insane. When i lay in the right position when i am going to sleep sometimes i can feel a lot of relief on my ribs which is the best feeling in the world. Although when i do workout i do not get normal cramps. I get a certain cramp directly in the position my rib cage is indented in at. I constantly am having pain discomfort when i sleep and especially in school just when I'm sitting! About a year and a half ago my parents took me to go get them x-rayed and thats all they did. The nurse assisting me said she definitely knew something was wrong with my ribs but nothing came up on the x-ray so they sent me out and i have been dealing with this ever since. Now, the right side of my chest sits a little lower than my left side and the bone structure feels quite different between the two. When i rub my hand across my ribs this is what i feel. I feel on the top of my right rib cage only one bone pops out a little farther than the wrest but then you go directly below that and the next two ribs are indented. Right below those two ribs there are at least 3 ribs that are all angled inwards towards my inner body. My left rib cage is perfect and is nothing like my right. Feeling my right rib cage from the back is really messed up and feels almost spread out unlike my left rib cage. I know they are not broken but there is definitely something really messed up with them. Any opinions or suggestions?

noevr
10-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Hi, I don't really know anything about this but I think I would seek a second opinion. You didn't say when it started or when you noticed abnormalities. I would see an orthopedic surgeon I think. I can't think of any other kind.

Did you suffer any trauma to that area during your life?

I hope you get it checked out. Good luck cathy

Titchou
10-15-2013, 02:33 PM
You would need to see an orthopedic surgeon. Look up pectus excavatum.

Blakobbell
10-15-2013, 03:24 PM
Yes , the first year i started wrestling, i wrestled someone about 30 pounds heavier than me when i was about 65 pounds. They landed on me in such a weird way that i immediately had bad pain in my chest as soon as they had landed on me. Basically my shoulders were being pushed together and my chest was being smashed together causing what i think made my chest uneven. I just don't know if that effected my ribs or not. This happened when i was in 5th grade and I am now in high school. I have had these problems for as long as i could remember