PDA

View Full Version : Maybe IBS and Fecal Impaction

Vadanti
10-20-2013, 04:47 PM
Okay, so for the past few times I've been able to poop it was impacted and extremely painful. I was able to pass it the first two times, but now it's not working.

I have not been formally diagnosed with IBS yet, but several of my symptoms match. I got a really bad bought of food poisoning December 31st 2010 to January 2 2011. Since then I have had severe problems with my stomach, frequent (weekly to monthly) nausea and vomiting, and horrible cycles of diarrhea and then constipation and back again, as well as chronic hemorrhoids.. I was diagnosed as lactose intolerant and cut out almost everything with dairy, with an occasional cookie or piece of cake if we're celebrating something. I take medication to help me digest (Pancremax, Triphala, Probiotics) and have had several tests done, but no definitive answer as to what I have.

I recently I have been on prescription muscle relaxers until I can get to physical therapy for my back and neck. The muscle relaxers make me dizzy and so I was given medication for dizziness as well. Those are the only real changes I can notice but my impactions started BEFORE I was put on those medications.

I am 21, about 5'3", 250 lbs. I have been trying to pass my current impaction for going on 3 days now. I increased my fiber intake after the first one and I regularly drink nearly 2 gallons of water each day since I live in a very hot climate. The second one I was able to pass it with the help of a gloved and lubed finger, but this one has not been resolved. I took a mineral oil enema and while things up in there did move more smoothly down, they still didn't come out. While trying to get things going today I hope I just popped a couple hemorrhoids, because there was a LOT of blood, but it was bright red so it was just at the exit (That has happened before, but never with this much pain). I have had terrible abdominal cramping the past week, and now my anus is just in massive pain. I can feel the poop right at the exit, but none comes out.

Does anybody have any short term solutions until I can get to my GI? I'm going to try and schedule an appointment for tomorrow, but I am a student and can't miss class or I might lose my scholarship, so I might not be able to go until next weekend.

TL;DR: I have a fecal impaction I cannot pass. I have chronic diarrhea/constipation cycles, chronic hemorrhoids, chronic nausea/vomiting. Tried an enema, tried using a finger, didn't work. Need help because I might not be able to get to my doctor until the weekend.

Vadanti
10-20-2013, 04:51 PM
I forgot to mention, my regular doctor thinks I might have endometriosis. She has referred me to an OBGYN that specializes in that, but I wasn't able to get an appointment until November.

Also, hello all! Nice to meet you!

flipfleury
10-21-2013, 02:57 PM
Okay, so for the past few times I've been able to poop it was impacted and extremely painful. I was able to pass it the first two times, but now it's not working.

I have not been formally diagnosed with IBS yet, but several of my symptoms match. I got a really bad bought of food poisoning December 31st 2010 to January 2 2011. Since then I have had severe problems with my stomach, frequent (weekly to monthly) nausea and vomiting, and horrible cycles of diarrhea and then constipation and back again, as well as chronic hemorrhoids.. I was diagnosed as lactose intolerant and cut out almost everything with dairy, with an occasional cookie or piece of cake if we're celebrating something. I take medication to help me digest (Pancremax, Triphala, Probiotics) and have had several tests done, but no definitive answer as to what I have.

I recently I have been on prescription muscle relaxers until I can get to physical therapy for my back and neck. The muscle relaxers make me dizzy and so I was given medication for dizziness as well. Those are the only real changes I can notice but my impactions started BEFORE I was put on those medications.

I am 21, about 5'3", 250 lbs. I have been trying to pass my current impaction for going on 3 days now. I increased my fiber intake after the first one and I regularly drink nearly 2 gallons of water each day since I live in a very hot climate. The second one I was able to pass it with the help of a gloved and lubed finger, but this one has not been resolved. I took a mineral oil enema and while things up in there did move more smoothly down, they still didn't come out. While trying to get things going today I hope I just popped a couple hemorrhoids, because there was a LOT of blood, but it was bright red so it was just at the exit (That has happened before, but never with this much pain). I have had terrible abdominal cramping the past week, and now my anus is just in massive pain. I can feel the poop right at the exit, but none comes out.

Does anybody have any short term solutions until I can get to my GI? I'm going to try and schedule an appointment for tomorrow, but I am a student and can't miss class or I might lose my scholarship, so I might not be able to go until next weekend.

TL;DR: I have a fecal impaction I cannot pass. I have chronic diarrhea/constipation cycles, chronic hemorrhoids, chronic nausea/vomiting. Tried an enema, tried using a finger, didn't work. Need help because I might not be able to get to my doctor until the weekend.

Have you tried a glycerin suppository ? It may take more than hour to work since the stool is so hard. You may need to try taking either mineral oil or castor oil to get the feces to push the old hard stuff through. I had to hold my nose and close my eyes in order to drink it down so I wouldn't gag and bring it back up. Try at least 4 oz.( I had to do this for a prep for barium enema) I hope this helps you !