PDA

View Full Version : Tingling in Feet and Hands

gyhoza
10-21-2013, 11:51 AM
In April of 2012 I started developing tingling in both my feet and hands. No pain but lately it sometimes occurs on my back now. I had blood test done and there were no signs of vitamin deficiencies or thyroid problems. I am 59 years old, borderline diabetic (200 glucose levels) and a heavy diet coke drinker. I went to a neurologist and he did some rudimentary test and told me it was not anything serious and to purchase some carpal tunnel gloves for my hands. I stopped going to him for 5 months and my regular gp told me to go back to this neurologist and ask for a nerve conduction test. If anyone have any information or strategies that may help it would be appreciated

rudiraven
10-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Are you taking any medications regularly for high BP or cholesterol? Sometimes they can be culprits in neuropathy.

cocoa100
10-21-2013, 01:20 PM
In April of 2012 I started developing tingling in both my feet and hands. No pain but lately it sometimes occurs on my back now. I had blood test done and there were no signs of vitamin deficiencies or thyroid problems. I am 59 years old, borderline diabetic (200 glucose levels) and a heavy diet coke drinker. I went to a neurologist and he did some rudimentary test and told me it was not anything serious and to purchase some carpal tunnel gloves for my hands. I stopped going to him for 5 months and my regular gp told me to go back to this neurologist and ask for a nerve conduction test. If anyone have any information or strategies that may help it would be appreciated

I would go and the nerve conduction test done to make sure its not nerve damage.
cocoa

movielover40
10-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Certain vitamins like Niacin can do this.

Are you taking a lot of vitamins??

Machaon
10-21-2013, 02:23 PM
In April of 2012 I started developing tingling in both my feet and hands. ... I am 59 years old, borderline diabetic (200 glucose levels) and a heavy diet coke drinker.

You could have Insulin Resistance, which is usually caused by a diet too high in simple sugars (high glycemic carbs). Also... Diet Coke can trigger an insulin response, which could worsen Insulin Resistance.

Do you eat a low carbohydrate diet that emphasizes low glycemic carbs?

gyhoza
10-23-2013, 10:28 PM
Thanks for all the responses. I do not take any bp or cholestrol meds. I do take wellbutrin and saphris though. I am having the nerve conduction test done in November. My diet is average I do eat carbs and do eat dessert on a regular basis, though do not drink regular sodas. I am not taking a lot of vitamins. When this started I was in very good shape and exercising regularly.

rudiraven
10-24-2013, 08:03 AM
I looked up the side effect for Wellbutrin and tingling (parathesis) is listed. You might want to discuss this with your doctor. It could be the culprit. :)