PDA

View Full Version : Anyone's IBS worse after a Colonoscopy?

mountainsky
10-24-2013, 07:27 PM
I had a colonoscopy and it just seems that my IBS has gotten worse. They said that they had to apply moderate pressure to get the scope up there and it just seems that my right side has not been the same since. I had the end of August and I am still dealing with symptoms? Common? I don't know. It also seems like my IBS want to act up right before my monthly cycle starts. Anyone else experience that? It just seems like anything that I eat irritates my IBS and my Colonoscopy came back fine. Any thoughts?

MountainReader
10-27-2013, 12:07 PM
I didn't have any different problems after my Colonoscopy, but I still haven't found all of my IBS triggers yet either, just some of them.

I hope you are doing better.

mountainsky
10-27-2013, 12:42 PM
yes I have learned that allergies usually trigger of asthma and I have found that gluten and wheat and dairy are often allergy triggers since I have cut back on all of those I don't have the asthma symptoms as much anymore. I don't eat all the yummy junk foods and ice cream anymore but I do feel better. I read that a lot of adults are dairy intolarant (not allergic) and don't realize it. when you are intolerant of certain foods that give your body inflammation which triggers off different pains and ailments. Hope you feel better soon!

ladybud
10-28-2013, 05:36 AM
I had symptoms of colitis (bleeding, mucus, spasm, urgency) for at least a month after my colonoscopy. The scope itself can irrtitate the bowel and I think I am allergic to the polyethylene glycol that was in my prep (the laxative). I would let your Dr who did the colonoscopy know, since this has been going on since August.

Virginia621
11-13-2013, 11:33 AM
Yes. I was miserable after my colonoscopy. That did not go on as long as you have suffered. I rather thought it was a cluster of triggers (laxative, stress, anesthesia) and the equipment used. I am grateful that I don't need one for another 10 years.