PDA

View Full Version : Flank pain + 2 ER Visits

trixter25
10-26-2013, 09:55 AM
I started a topic earlier called Muscle or Kidney. Now that I know it's not my Kidney, I'm also 99% sure it's not a muscle either.
I went to the ER twice now, 2 different ones for different opinions. Both finding no Kidney problems. But, both also not diagnosing me with anything, not even a muscle because what it feels like doesn't feel like a muscle.
Since it's left flank pain I went in asking (the second time) if it could be my spleen or some other internal organ. Nothing.
The pain doesn't feel like a muscle, it feels internal. If I press into my side on my rib the pain will actually completely go away. Seriously, no pain if I put pressure on it. But, right when I start to release ... Oh my God I start tearing up it hurts so bad.
What is wrong with me? Why can't they find anything?

I have been icing (which helps for 10 minutes) ... heat does nothing. Pain medicine of any sorts does nothing. 8 days now, with same pain.
They took urine and blood work. One did an X-ray, both did CT Scan.

Power on
10-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Do you recall when you first noticed it? Acute or chronic ? There are many other thing in that area stomach ulcers,Pancreatitus, large or small intestines,gastritis .
Is it in the ULQ area ?

lenvegas
10-27-2013, 12:32 PM
Hi, perhaps you have nephritis or inflammation of the kidneys which is sometimes difficult to diagnose. By putting your fingers on the spot and pushing in you are perhaps relieving the pressure on the kidneys hence the relief. If this is indeed your issue then taking anti inflammatory drugs like ibuprophen and aspirin would help...

Titchou
10-27-2013, 01:26 PM
I think maybe you need an ultrasound.