PDA

View Full Version : Wanting an answer...

mystic321
11-02-2013, 04:04 AM
Hi Everyone,

About an average of once a month, I wake from sleep in a slightly-startled way, with a quick gasp of air... I immediately think it's my heart. It beats really fast from about a half our to a few hours... I have no control over it, tho I am trying meditation, tulsi tea to relex. I am 20 yrs old. medium/average weight, healthy diet, but could definitely exercise more. I hate the feeling of lying awake with a pounding chest, often thinking I'd just die there alone. Any opinions on these symptoms? Does anyone have similar symptoms? I am thinking it may be hyperthyroidism... (Maybe hormone related? I'm on bc pills. I have 1 ovary left, due to a series of cysts in my youth). I'm thinking it's more hyperthyroidism than sleep apnea(?)

- rapid beating heart, awakes from sleep
- this causes severe anxiety and fear
- trembling limbs, could result from the fear
- excessive night hunger
- often fatigue during the day
- heart sometimes aches for a second, repeats a few times, goes away...odd
- losing weight for no reason

If anyone can respond, please, that would be so helpful. I plan on going to a doctor soon...when I get back from college likely... It's not fun being alone and worried about an out-of-control body. I had my share of out-of-control ovarian growths as a kid, so I have a fear complex of random harm to health being possible at all moments... :(

Thank you so much! XOXO

wilmadijan
11-16-2013, 02:49 PM
Hi, I think you are experiencing anxiety. I can see myself a lot in your post.Do you feel lonely? Too fragile to take decisions? Are you afraid of being on your own but at the same time you find it difficult to get to meet people? I don't know, think about it. But I think you are somatising psychological issues. If you need, get in touch.

midwest1
11-17-2013, 10:05 AM
I know this response comes late... Hope you're still watching here.

Your symptoms sound very much like those of sleep apnea. The weight loss is a red herring, though... Not necessarily from sleep apnea.
If it were hyperthyroidism, however, you would have symptoms 24/7, not just at night.

Consider having a sleep study done.