PDA

View Full Version : drug indiced IBS and GERD

abby20
11-08-2013, 01:17 AM
I have a long running history with drugs that cause drug induced IBS, usually real bad constipation, even if I take stool softeners with the drug. The other side effect is acid reflux, the drugs over ride two 40 mg Nexium which is the max dosage for the drug. Then I have to drag out the tums.

My Gastro says other than a little Barret's Esopogus my entire GI system is healthy. Just had my 2 year Upper GI, other that where they did the biopsy there were no complications or issues. My colon screen 4 years ago was also clean, with a 10 year follow up.

Yet I keep having Colon pain. And any new drug has to be really looked at hard because of the drug IBS and GERD. The side effects out weigh the benefits in 99% of the cases.

I have a compression fracture at the L 4/5. but bulging and a annul tear at the L 3-5 impinging on the S1 joint, my legs are going numb, constant real bad charley horses in my toes, arches, caves, legs, and my first 3 fingers on my both hands trigger lock several times a day. It is hard to even sign my name in many cases, I have to stop and rub the cramp out.

I don't want back on those addictive 10 mg lore tabs.

In the 27 years I've had FMS I have never had a GI issue that was NOT DRUG CAUSED! This is making my life miserable. I have had to give up quilting and crocehting, because I can no longer even sew on a button with out pain.

I am very intolerant to most drugs because of the harsh side effects.

Virginia621
11-13-2013, 11:40 AM
I also need to take meds because of heart health problems and severe pain from fibro and other sources. The drugs do give me trouble if I take too many at once so I try to spread them out over the day and take any that I can with food.
What sounds much more upsetting is the severe pain you are suffering from your back injury and legs and in your hands. You have my sincere sympathy.

abby20
11-14-2013, 07:06 AM
I've tried that I am so drug sensitive, one or two 5 mg dose of Lore Tab and I take a stool softener with it, will mean days of trying to get my bowels to work right again.