PDA

View Full Version : OCD about Truman Show

Flowerpower681
11-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Hello, Please reply to this thread I am really about to loose my mind. I am diagnosed with OCD. I watched the Truman show last week and if you don't know what the movie it is about it is basically the whole world acting to this man named Truman and his life is a 24/7 show and he doesn't know it. This idea scares me half to death.! I keep asking myself, ''How do I know my family aren't actors??'' or ''All the people on the internet who say they have gone through this just like me just actors?'' Please help I feel like I am phycotic and this idea is driving me mad because I can't answer it 100% so I don't know if I do or don't totally believe it.. Even if someone replies to this thread I might question it because how do I know you aren't a actor? :( please reply though! I am so scared I am phycotic or delusional becaue I also have Schiz-OCD (fear of having Schizophrenia) :o

cal486
12-27-2013, 10:52 AM
I had this fear in the 80's, and this has slowly vanished. Nowadays I don't have this fear anymore but other fears have taken place. I can't tell you that you're making that up because you might think I'm an actor, as you mentioned. It's tough. I just hope time helps, and that these thoughts vanish from your mind.