PDA

View Full Version : Have been feeling extremely thirsty lately

Leo255
11-25-2013, 02:36 PM
I didn't know where to put this, because I don't really know why I have been feeling so thirsty, just that I am and have been. Kind of hard to put a time frame on it, but I think it's been a couple of months, more or less. As far as diabetes, that's an easy answer, but I had blood tests a month ago, and I was normal (had a large range of tests in many areas and was pretty much normal). I also had been checking my sugar manually a month ago just because I wanted to see if I had it.

I notice that if I have a savory meal (i.e. with salt, obviously), I am more thirsty, but I pretty much never eat anything that salty ever, and I also have been eating the same types of food that I've always eaten my entire life, and haven't had this issue.

I already emailed my doctor, and will eventually set up an appointment with her. Appreciate the help.

WhistleDixie
11-25-2013, 02:44 PM
I would have suggested the "easy" answer...diabetes. Was your test done while fasting?

Now, my question to you is "how do you get your doctor's personal email address?".

I tried emailing my PCP almost 3 years ago (through his office manager). He took several weeks to respond (via USPS). He then chastised me that email was not "secure" and "he is conservative in his approach" with communication=)