PDA

View Full Version : Colonoscopy Prep - Stay Positive!

FirstLadyO
12-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Hi there,

First off, you can do this!

This is my first time to post to this board. I came here trying to get an idea of what to expect for my first colonoscopy prep today. I've read so many horror stories about what an awful tasting, gag/vomit inducing, bottom destroying concoction the preps can be. I took Suprep, and yes, it wasn't delicious at all, but it's tolerable and you just power through it. I mixed mine with crystal light, held my nose, sucked on lemon slices in between gulps, rinsed my whole mouth with water, and sucked on a peppermint. I finished it in about 35 minutes. I sipped my two 16 oz bottles while watching a movie and scurrying to the bathroom. Granted, this is my first of 2 doses (I have the other in the morning), but so far, I'm 2 hours in and it could be worse. I'm hungry as a horse, but I know there will be a good meal in about 18 hours!

Lastly, now that you know you can do it, stay off the internet with searching these things. It gets you all worried and your stomach in a knot (the last thing you need). Going in with a positive attitude and sense of humor will get you through it. :)

P.S. I'm a huge wuss and have a terrible gag reflex. No steel stomach here!

MountainReader
12-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Welcome to HealthBoards.

Thanks for your post. It does help when others share their stories. Unfortunately, it seems that most people post when they have negative experiences. It is good to hear a more positive story.

I had my first Colonoscopy a few years ago before being diagnosed with IBS. I'd say the prep is the worst of it. The procedure itself was pretty quick and easy.

Good luck tomorrow. :)

MountainReader

Socallady
12-19-2013, 10:42 PM
Had a colonoscopy Monday. The prep is bad, but the procedure is fine . The next day you feel normal.

solofelix
12-20-2013, 10:58 AM
I have had two Colonoscopys one was done at the same time as an Endoscopy.
My treatment was "PICOLAX" which you can read online.
I did not find it any problem at all as I stayed home for the last two days of a three day diet.
Yes...you do have to visit the bathroom numerous times but that's not so dreadful. I feel the whole clean-out procedure left me feeling pretty well clean and healthy,

Solofelix.