PDA

View Full Version : Can IBS actually cause this pain?

laineyk
12-03-2013, 11:33 AM
I had H-pylori and then Small intestinal Bacteria Overgrowth, was treated with heavy antibiotics for both and have been retetsted , both have been eradicated.

Heres the dilemma, I am just as sick as the day I was dx with those infections. GI says its all IBS. I can not believe him since I don't have diareah or constipation.

I do have numerous BM's during everyday and all are soft but not watery. sorry to be so graphic.

My gut hurts EVERY single day and sometimes its so bad I cry.

what can be doing this? IBS? can it cause this much stomach distress without actually having the "runs" or constipation?

I am at my wits end as to what to do next. I do take Pepto Bismol sometimes and have started taking L-glutamine. But this has just made my anxiety so much worse.

I lost 50lbs during the infections and haven't put a single lb back on because I am NEVER hungry, force myself to eat

anyone with any suggestions?

STLouisgal
12-04-2013, 06:45 AM
Have you had any pelvic surgeries or do you have endometriosis? Adhesions from surgery and endo lesions can disrupt the bowels which can cause pain even without having much effect on bowel habits.

laineyk
12-04-2013, 10:28 AM
no none of those

kadejc7
12-09-2013, 04:37 PM
has your gallbladder been checked ? It can stop functioning without having stones.

k2626
02-11-2014, 12:58 PM
Can a low functioning GB cause loose bowels without stones?

avandalay
02-11-2014, 03:15 PM
I have IBS, loose stools, and cramping. Some days it's worse than others. I take Probiotics, drink chamomile tea, and try to watch trigger foods.

kadejc7
02-11-2014, 05:22 PM
Sure a low functioning gallbladder can cause loose stools!

kadejc7
02-12-2014, 03:11 AM
Mine was very low functioning at 17%. Even having it removed did not help. I also have Ibs, gastroparisis and some other issues. I had an endoscopic, colonoscopy, stomach empty test and small bowel follow through. These tests ruled out chrons and colitis. See a gastro if you haven't yet. The biggest help to me has been a change in diet. Cutting out fats and greasy food has helped alot. Also for me packaged sweets, chocolate and caffeine all bother me...fiber is not best if you have loose stools..bannans ,rice ,applause,toast...the brat diet is good for loose stools. They cutting out red meat for a while also. These are just my personal experiences? Are you in pain? Mine acted up around 4am for like a year..

k2626
02-12-2014, 01:37 PM
What were your symptoms of pain. Could it be your other digestive issues causing these problems? My pain is left squeezing, comes and goes but Im thinking maybe my pancreas.

Do fatty foods cause you to have D? My stools are almost ALWAYS soft and then will have D about 1 wk out of the month several times per day. Trying to figure out if its my gb or pancreas.

Ive been working w GI drs for yrs. Next step is a recheck colonoscopy

I also get acid reflux pretty bad.

kadejc7
02-12-2014, 05:14 PM
I was having pain and swelling in the upper right abdominal area. My intestines felt twisted and tight all the time. I still have issues but they are bearable. The antidepressant elavil has helped as well as taking two reflex meds..zantac at bed and protonix in the morning and at dinner time. I feel like my issues cycle and one week I have D an the next C...

Penguinboy55
03-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Most likely not, but a decreased functioning gallbladder could cause it.