PDA

View Full Version : Beauty supplements

May2013
12-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Has anyone here had any success with beauty supplements like Murad Youth Builder or with TA 65, l carnosine, coenzyme q10, evening primrose oil or anything?

MSNik
12-10-2013, 07:28 PM
all of those things do different things...depending on what you are looking to do, build new collagen, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, etc.
Some of those things you mentioned are herbs or supplements, not FDA approved, others are cosmetical and are approved..be careful of what you are using- especially if you take any other medications. The murad has worked for me to help increase collagen and reduce fine lines...evening primrose oil is wonderful as an Omega, for brain health, but does little for skin- co enzyme Q10 is great for joints and arthritis...when you say "Beauty supplements" you need to know that many of the things you listed, dont fall under that column.
What exactly are you looking for or to improve?

solofelix
12-11-2013, 10:49 AM
As the previous reply said it depends on what you expect these products to do.
I use coenzyme Q10 and though it keeps my skin soft it has NO effect on facial lines only surgery will remove them and I'm not going down that route.
I found Oil of Evening Primrose very good for the Menopause and also it seemed to work well on my hair.
Can you tell us what you are looking at treating,

Solofelix.

movielover40
12-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Most anything that is really good is prescription only.

Go to a Dermatologist and get some prescription Tretenoin (sp.) cream.

Most of the over the counter stuff doesn't get deep enough into the skin to do much good.

You should also speak to a Plastic Surgeon about some Fraxil laser treatments.

Best of luck...

May2013
12-12-2013, 04:23 PM
I want my eyes bright and lively again, they look dead now, because of what I don't know. Also my hair just stopped producing oil and I'm only 34 this happened when I was 32 after an unsatisfactory cosmetic surgery procedure so maybe its all depression but I look horrible. I would never get fraxel because my skin is great and I also heard horror stories about it and because I know what it's like to have a bad cosmetic procedure. I just remember being so pretty in my 20s and when I turned 31 everything changed. I thought I might have something wrong with my hormones or thyroid but all bloodwork is normal. I have an enlarged thyroid but no nodules and tsh is normal. I just want to be pretty again, I feel I am too young to have lost my looks yet.

MSNik
12-27-2013, 05:09 AM
Youre issue sounds more like depression and its presenting in how you see yourself - since it apparently isnt a health issue. If you saw yourself as pretty ten years ago, something changed. People do not get ugly for no reason and I highly doubt others see you that way!

Try a new work out regime. Or get a drastic hair cut! Do something to change how YOU feel about yourself...see if that doesnt approve your ability to see yourself the way you used to. Toning up and changing your appearance may be the magic bullet you need to see yourself with fresh eyes.

As for supplements- they can help with overall health and with specific problems, but they wont make you feel good about yourself...only YOU can do that.

How about the people in your life? Are you married? Significant other? How does that person tell you that you look? Start listening to people and ask their opinions on what you should change.

There are plenty of eye creams which DO work to tighten up and soften lines- maybe a new eye cream and new eye makeup will make your eyes sparkle again...

Im throwing out suggestions because I really dont think you have changed in appearance, but quite possibly in your view of yourself. Without undergoing cosmetic surgery (which I understand you had a bad experience with) there is nothing other than your own outlook which can change overnight!

Think about all the things you DO like about yourself. (Lucky you for having good skin) and be happy....your outlook reflects on your health.

Bran'sNana
03-28-2014, 04:14 PM
The fact that that you have an enlarged thyroid and your hair is dry and you are depressed points to a thyroid condition.Don't let them tell you it's "normal", get your numbers. Hashimoto's Disease can cause a change in appearance. Check out the thyroid board. See if you have more symptoms. Hope this helps!