PDA

View Full Version : Can a fever break then come back?

pittguy53178
12-07-2013, 02:53 PM
35 year old male. Very healthy. Exercise, eat right, take vitamins. I also got my flu shot this year.

I started feeling achey/had chillsWednesday night. No respiratory symptoms I wasn't feeling any better on Thursday so I went to urgent care on Thursday during my lunch hour. I thought I had a fever, and I was right. It wasn't horrible a little over a hundred. They said it was likely a virus and just do the Advil/Tylenol treatment. I had to take the day off of work on Friday and things kept getting worse. Fever kept going up all day. It peaked at like 3am it was 104.2. I got up drank some juice and took more medicine. When I woke up this morning the sheets were soaked sweat and my temp was normal. Now it is starting to go back up again. I thought once a fever broke you were in the clear ?

Titchou
12-07-2013, 04:44 PM
A temp of 104 in an adult is a serious thing. I'd go back ASAP>

Sh00byD00
12-11-2013, 01:21 PM
There's nothing to back up what you're saying other than speculation. Even then, there's others out there that say taking any medicine to lower your temperature has no bearing on anything whatsoever.

There's no real way to prove medication prolongs viruses. I mean, how can anyone say/prove taking Tylenol or such extends a virus? What's to say I'd not take 7 days rather than 5 days to get over something? I've had colds which have lasted between 4 and 7 days without taking anything and vice versa.