PDA

View Full Version : Excessive gas and difficult passing it

Colinknwahoo
12-14-2013, 08:58 AM
A couple of days ago I had pretty random onset of excessive gas and bloating about 2.5-3 hours after eating. This has continued each day since, and seems to be indiscriminate in terms of what food I consume. I am still having a reasonably normal bowel cycle and am able to evacuate my bowels with relative ease. The gas is quite excessive though and pressureful, though. I can essentially feel the gas making it's way down my GI tract. Right when it gets to where I would normally pass gas, I seem to have trouble passing it, as it feels like the gas retreats back into my lower digestive tract and continues to accumulate. Eventually I'm able to pass it, but only after hours of noticeable pressure and even mild pain in my stomach. What could be causing this? I'm thinking it could be some sort of virus or bacterial thing given the sudden onset.

puzzik79
12-20-2013, 03:27 PM
From having Gastritis/GERD and possibly IBS (they are not sure yet) in the past 4 months, I had similar symptoms of the lower descending colon (left lower) bulging up (rest of the stomach is fine) and making me quite miserable.

Most of this started after my colonoscopy.

Please let me ask, how is your diet? Are you heavy on proteins?

What I am finding about myself is that it is harder for me to digest animal proteins since everything started. I've done a whole lot of reading about this in the past 4 months. Protein digestion seems to be related to the HCL levels in your gut. If things don't get digested correctly, it will throw off everything else. At least this is my experience so far.

Did you have Gastritis or GERD?