PDA

View Full Version : Under eye twitching

gerbear2704
12-23-2013, 05:02 PM
I have had a constant twitch under my right eye for a week now. It is not the eyelid, but the area just below. Fortunately it is not very noticeable but it is causing me concern. I've tried hot and cold compresses, ibuprofen, taking a multivitamin, all to no avail. I am not under a particularly high amount of stress right now so I can't figure out why this constant twitching! The only meds I take are a daily Allegra for allergies. Any thoughts? Could this be a sign of something more serious? Otherwise I feel fine, just the twitching! Any thoughts? Thank you!

SK59
12-24-2013, 06:59 AM
Hi gerbear,
I get this too and have noticed that it does it the most when I have been spending a lot of time in front of the computer.
I write a lot and do a lot of it on my Ipad and this is when I get the twitching the worst. I was at the doctor the other day and it was doing it and I kept saying "there, it's dong it now", but he could only see it if he got up really close.
It drives me crazy!!

SK

nekogirl
12-29-2013, 04:35 PM
I get this during random times and it's usually too much of one thing or not enough of another in my body. It's not serious as long as you aren't having any major symptoms to go along with it.

Mine comes on during times when I'm overly tired or not had enough sleep. During stressful days or moments. The holidays are a good indication. When I'm over thinking a situation too much and my brain is tired. Too much salt or not enough potassium or calcium or iron. So just look at your diet over the last week and sleep habits. Try to get some added rest and doing something you really enjoy that relaxes you. Take a bath or go for a walk with music. Clear your mind.