PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Illness for 3 Months

Xayumu
01-04-2014, 03:36 AM
I've been sick for nearly 3 months now and have spoken to multiple doctors, had three blood tests (two general ones and one viral one) and they can't seem to find out what it is. I've been told my liver function was a little bit high, which apparently indicates a viral infection, but other than that I've kinda been left in the dark.
The first week I had it was the worst. I could only eat digestive biscuits and toast and even then just a little bit at a time. I usually really like eating but just the thought of food made me feel sick. I lost a stone in weight within the first three weeks, I was sick only twice and had diarrhea only once. Although I feel better than I did at first, I still feel very ill. My symptoms are:

nausea (especially bad after eating)
headaches
occasional ear ache
a feeling of my stomach and intestines sort of bubbling
abdominal pain
excessive tiredness no matter how much sleep I get
difficulty concentrating on anything
lack of apetite
occasional cold-like symptoms (runny nose, coughing etc.) but these come and go
becoming stressed and/or emotional over small things

If anyone's had anything similar or knows what it might be that would be a great help. I've been referred for 'medical review' at the hospital because it's lasted so long, but I haven't heard anything about that for two weeks now. It's mainly just worrying being left without any knowledge of what this is.

sjb
01-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Greetings! :) I would like to welcome you to the General Health boards :wave: and am sorry you are not feeling well. :( Bay leaf tea every 6 hours is an antiviral and I might try it for a few weeks to see if it might help. Golden seal might be used on a short term basis at a different time, it is considered antiviral.

Foods which might be good in opinion, for the liver include, fruits such as apple, lemon, grape, loquat, banana, strawberry, tamarind, olive, papaya, cherry, and plum. Tapioca and Honey in limited quantities might be good and vegetables which might be useful are daikon radish, artichoke, cardoon, onion, chicory, Belgian endive, escarole, eggplant, sauerkraut, seaweed.

I would not drink water with food because it inhibits proper digestion but I would use plenty at least a half hour before meals and some little time after meals.

Foods good for appetite may include olives pollen, sloeberry, horseradish, rhubarb, scurvy grass, lemon. Other foods good for the stomach, include, cabbage, okra, pepper, pineapple, potato, dyspepsia, whole, grains, very fresh salads, squash, papaya, fennel oats, rice, carrots, avocado, sauerkraut, cherimoya.

Foods bad for the stomach which should be limited or avoided altogether include coffee, fried food hot spice, (regular herbal seasons may be ok), soft drinks vinegar, shell fish, total fat meat, sugar, ice cream, citrus fruits,

All medicines, chemicals, alcohols, wines, plastic lining canned food, and food additives will be a burden to it. Other things which should be avoided or limited in some opinions include, total fat, proteins, salt (limited the body needs some salt for the sodium chloride in each cell unless the body simply does not eliminate it and the sodium level is already high) bacon sausages shellfish, meat cream, butter, fried foods,and spices. Vinegar is bad for the stomach and not recommended for anyone. Peace and health to you in the future. sjb