PDA

View Full Version : Canker sores??

tlward
01-04-2014, 07:19 AM
I've been under a tremendous amount of stress lately and when I am I have a horrible habit of chewing on my tongue and insides of my cheeks. This recent episode has caused 3 canker sores on the lining of cheeks, but I think I also have some on my tongue, never had them before on tongue and it feels like one might be developing on back of throat. So, I guess my question is, has anyone else experienced this or is it possible?

Kimfuji
01-06-2014, 12:41 AM
I get this similar problem and it can get really sore. I use Biotene. It is a simple over the counter moisturizing spray. I never actually asked my doctor about it. I assumed that dry mouth was making it worse since I take meds that cause dry mouth and when I'm stressed my mouth gets even dryer.
I read on the internet that a vitamin deficiency can lead to getting more cankor sores than usual.
The biting on the inside of your mouth that you mention. Do you bite at night or when your awake? When I'm stressed out I grind my teeth at night and bite the inside of my mouth. That hurts really bad. I put a nice cube in my mouth off and on the next day.

Titchou
01-06-2014, 04:51 AM
Rinse your mouth with hydrogen peroxide. That should help with the sores.