View Full Version : old age

01-27-2014, 05:50 PM
Hi , Am 92 , Eurasian male , interested to know if I am asking too much , just to feel good day by day and not being pestered by Chronic Fatigue and it's symptoms . Thanks for your attention - Bert

02-13-2014, 08:26 PM
Hi bertusm, I am not going to be able to give you an answer to your question, but I just want to know if there's more to your story. Do you have any illnesses that you're dealing with that would add to the chronic fatigue? I am only 61. but in my sixty one years have had lots of health issues. And I am still dealing with them. I am sapped all the time. It's quite normal, I believe, to be more tired with age, but you need to see if there isn't something else going on with you to make you that tired. It may be a symptom of something more to do with a problem going on in your body ~~~ like something you're lacking in vitamins or such things. You deserve the best quality life possible, know matter what age you are!!
Warmly babyboomer6 (Linda)

04-09-2014, 10:43 AM
Hi Bert! :wave:

Congrats for making it into your 90's! Sorry, though, to hear about the fatigue.

I've made it to 70, after over 25 years of heart failure, two severely enlarged atriums, and permanent Atrial Fibrillation. I've also got four leaky heart valves and I am, of course, on heart medications, which tend to sap my energy and make me very tired.

That said, my diet consists of five balanced meals totalling 1700 calories per day. I do two 30 minute power walks per day and two half hour sessions of weight lifts and full pushups.

I think that the combination of my healthy, low calorie, low glycemic diet and two hours of exercise per day help to limit the fatigue and also help to improve my quality, and enjoyment of life, despite my major health problems.

What kind of diet do you eat? How about a daily exercise routine?

Best of luck and health to you! :wave: