PDA

View Full Version : constant drunk/out of it/lightheaded year straight

rider5
01-30-2014, 02:19 PM
Hello all,
My name is matt and for the past year ive have felt like im drunk or walking around in a haze everyday all day. Kinda like iust going thru the motions. Been to the er twice and the doctor 3 times. Multiple blood test including a chest scan for normal heart activity. All test came back normal. I was a moderate drinker for the past 5 years or so with occasional drinking prior to that. I have a stressful job and lift a lot during it. Plenty of exercise thru out the day but a terrible diet. Ive recently quit drinking thinking maybe that was my issue. Ive been put on zoloft and xanax. Neither really seem to help and it seems im not the only person suffering from this. It almost feels like im not getting enough oxygen to my brain or theres toxins in my blood. Any feed back would be great!!

itburns2004
02-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Maybe the medications are causing these issues.

ladybud
02-02-2014, 11:31 PM
Sometimes sleep apnea, which is very common, can cause symptoms like this. If you are overweight, snore, have allergies or enlarged tonsils you are more likely to have it. It does cause lack of oxygen to the brain during the night, and a feeling of brain fog or excessive sleepiness during the day as a result. A simple test to check for it is a nocturnal pulse oximetry, where your oxygen levels are monitored thru the night with a finger sensor. If oxygen levels fall, you need a formal sleep study to get more precise info for determining treatment. It is good you have quit drinking, as alcohol worsens sleep apnea and dulls your thinking and mental clarity. The Xanax is probably not needed, and the Zoloft may not be either.

othrill
02-03-2014, 01:29 PM
I have been feeling something similar, on and off for the past 7 months.. I also have several other symptoms like arm/leg aches/weakness. The doctors I've seen are not concerned with my symptoms and are fairly dismissive which causes me great frustration. My only "diagnosis" to this point was general anxiety disorder which I am convinced was another symptom (or a result of my symptoms) not the culprit.

rider5
02-03-2014, 04:34 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies. Ive only started the meds with in the last month so they arent the issue. I had my blood taken again a week ago. Ran a battery of tests and everything is normal. My doctor is sending me to get an mri and to a neurologist. I seen someone else on here posted about counter strain physical therapy that suppsedly loosens up the back muscles and neck which can compress nerves and veins. Said he had the same symptoms and all the doctors were dismissive. If the mri and the neurologist cant find anything I think that may be my next step. Also gonna look into sleep apnea but dont really snore at least my wife tells me I dont.